At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
In our Fitbit development office in Minsk we are looking to keep growing and this role will be fundamental to the continued success of Fitbit as we build exciting new products and services.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
About the role:
The Data Platform team is responsible for making the vast amounts of data at Fitbit accessible to teams across the organization. We are also responsible for supporting the compute layer on top of the data which enables clients of the platform to build features and perform analysis on that data.
We spend our time working with internal clients like product managers, data scientists, data analysts and other engineers to understand their data needs as well as the teams that own the data.
Currently we leverage a lot of open source technology like Spark, Hive, Presto, Kafka and more. However, we also believe that Fitbit has a lot of unique problems that require us to think creatively outside of what the open source world can provide.
What You’ll Work On:
As a member of the Fitbit Data Engineering team you get to play a few different roles:
Architect: We own the data platform which supports all of our analytics, data science, and data applications.
Developer: We write lots of code. You'll be writing high-performance software that's responsible for moving data between our various data storage tiers.
Consultant: We work closely with the data providers and data consumers to ensure their needs are met. We are only successful if our clients are successful.
Leader: We need to be vocal about our experiences to internal teams as well as the outside world through blog posts, presentations and open source contributions.
Mentor: As we grow our team, we need strong mentors who will level up those around them
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Strong Java and/or Scala knowledge
- Extensive experience with Big Data and distributed systems
- Experience with some of the key technologies we are building on: Spark, Kafka, Hive, Parquet, MySQL, Cassandra, BigQuery, BigTable
- Proven track record of working with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work across teams to solve problems
- Upper-intermediate English
- Cloud IaaS experience: AWS, GCP, or Azure CloudDevOps experience
- Experience with Python
- Experience meeting compliance requirements for Safe Harbor, HIPAA, HiTRUST, etc.
- Airflow, Luigi, or other orchestration tools
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and stock options (RSUs)
- International Team of world-class engineers
- Cutting edge tech stack
- Premium hardware of your choice: Apple or Lenovo
- Comprehensive medical insurance: medicines and dental
- Fitbit employee discount on devices and accessories
- Sport expenses compensation
- Flexible work hours
- 26 days vacation, paid sick leave, extra days off
- Free English classes with native speakers
- Business trips to US & Europe
- Fully-stocked kitchen
- Office located in the city center
- Work on life-changing product
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.