At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 80mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world.
Think you’ve found your fit?
Brief description of the job:
As a Compensation Analyst on the Total Rewards & Wellness Team you will support and improve compensation-related processes and programs. You will use your abilities with analysis, data-building and data integrity to ensure accuracy, competitiveness and insights to deliver upon our People Strategy.
We are looking for an individual with tech-company experience who is great at conducting detailed compensation analyses, has solid communication skills and can handle multiple projects simultaneously. We need someone who thrives in a dynamic environment, loves to “geek out” on Comp, can work in the “gray-zone” and is results-driven.
What You’ll Work On:
- Support the Compensation team through data creation, analytics, reporting, insights and auditing for client groups across the organization
- Assist with the annual compensation planning cycle, including data prep, testing, and auditing
- Responsible for initial comp recommendations for business-related job changes such as internal transfers, conversions and relocations
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to level and map jobs for offers
- Partner with HR Business Partners on leveling and compensation recommendations
- Maintain Fitbit’s job catalogue including job creation, mass data loads and updates
- Supports annual benchmarking of all global Fitbit jobs and run data insights based on results
- Participate in global compensation surveys and market trends surveys
- Assist with department process-improving workflows and procedures
- Support the global People team on special projects and assignments as required
- High-level Excel skills
- Solid quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment and handle confidential information
- Strong teamwork skills required as well as the ability to work effectively in a fast paced, high growth, changing environment
- Aptitude for balancing multiple priorities with strong organization and prioritization skills
- Autonomous, self-directed, detail- and results-oriented individual with a high commitment to quality
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources or a related field. CCP a plus
Experience: A minimum of 2 years of related experience in a compensation role within a technology company. Prior compensation survey completion and analysis experience a must. Workday Compensation module experience a plus.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.