At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world.
Think you’ve found your fit?
Reporting to the Chief-of-Staff (CoS) to EVP of Engineering, the Executive Assistant provides executive support to 2-3 VPs of Engineering. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working in a tech-focused environment that is mission-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual can exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple, shifting priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects from conception to completion, and must be able to handle confidential matters with discretion.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Completes a broad variety of administrative task for the VPs and CoS including: managing extremely active calendars, completing expenses reports;
- Plans, coordinates and ensures VP schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway, win-win solutions for direct access to the VP
- Researches, prioritizes and follows up on incoming issues and concerns related to the VPs and CoS, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral or response, and collaborates with CoS to establish standards for such activity.
- Provides smooth communication between the VPs / CoS and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff
- Works closely and effectively with the VPs and CoS to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a “barometer” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping them updated.
- Builds relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects, some of which may have an organizational impact
- 3+ years’ experience:
- Minimum 1-2 years supporting an executive-level position in a public company
- 3+ years of progressively increasing responsibility as an Executive Assistant with a solid track record providing support for directors and executives
- Comfortable using both Mac and PCs; advanced understanding of Microsoft Suite, Google Apps, teleconferencing applications, expense management, HR and legal platforms
- Experience and interest in technology, digital health and fitness focused lifestyle
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant qualifications
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.