At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
As Fitbit Product Cost Manager, you will serve as the single source of truth for product cost, commodity cost tracking, analysis and reporting. You will be responsible for coordinating and driving cross functional efforts to ensure that product cost and margins meet targets through development and into mass production phases.
Key aspects of the job will include:
· Manage and provide strategic guidance on product costs (COGS), quarterly cost updates, PPV, and claim reporting
· Manage executive communications of COGS, savings, spends and key commercial projects
· Coordinate and drive cross functional efforts with Sourcing, NPI, Planning, Finance and Services to ensure that products meet team KPIs and Gross Margin Target
· Own the relationship with 3rd party cost database provider, drive continuous performance improvement
· Drive continuous process improvement activities in product cost cycle, cost accuracy reporting metrics
· Utilize analytical expertise, deep product and operational knowledge to identify opportunities and risks and ensure that product costs are being optimized
· Develop and update EMS/ODM cost models which balance the needs of maximizing cost reduction efforts and efficient administration
· Assist EMS Managers in CM/JDM Strategy, CM/JDM performance reports and help conduct quarterly business reviews
· Responsible for understanding short and long-term supply/demand/capacity needs at each partner and driving improved sourcing solutions
· Lead initiatives to drive long-term global sourcing strategies that deliver a competitive advantage to Fitbit
· Experience of creating and optimizing cost dashboard as a plus
· 5+ years of product cost management, financial analysis, quantitative modeling or related experience.
· Solid understanding of product costing process, familiar with terms including CBOM, MVA, COGS and etc
· Strong communication skills with executives and cross functional teams
· Advanced Excel and analytical skills as a MUST
· Superior problem solving skills and ability to avert issues before they occur
· Ability to work with cross functional teams to drive cost optimization. Experience in building strong relationships with internal constituents and external customers, inclusive of executive levels within external suppliers
· Willing to step forward and create processes to benefit the organization
· Ability to manage multiple, complex projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with cross-functional teams
· Comprehensive knowledge of all key operational disciplines, with particular strength in Materials Management, Business Process Development and Financial P&L Management
· Experience in strategizing, negotiating and administering global supply agreements preferred
· MBA Preferred
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.