At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007 as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Fitbit is now a publicly traded company creating award-winning products and services that are available across the globe. We’re transforming the way the world sees health & fitness. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto.
Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the advantages of being public, offering a competitive benefits package and amazing perks. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and above all have fun doing it.
In our newest Fitbit office in Bucharest, located in the heart of the city, we are planning to build on the foundation laid by the Vector Watch team. We are looking to keep growing and this role will be fundamental to the continued success of Fitbit as we build exciting new products and services.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
Fitbit is looking for a SDET to join our growing Firmware Test team. As a SDET you will help shape the future of test and automation of wearable devices and fitness technology at Fitbit. We’re looking for a proactive engineer who has a passion and proven track record for testing and automating products from concept to delivery.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will take on challenges in areas that may include:
- Design test specs and create test strategy for new and existing features
- Create, prioritize, and organize test cases into logical suites for both automated and manual execution
- Define test framework requirements and develop modules to automate feature test cases
- Automate test cases using firmware interfaces for functional, performance, and stress tests
- Create automated test tools to reduce manual test execution time
- Execute and monitor results of automated suites within our CI infrastructure
- Work with other engineers to increase manual and automated test coverage
- Research evolving test and automation trends
- Utilize test and development best practices, patterns, and processes within the engineering team
- Mentor junior engineers on testing best practices, patterns and processes
- Work in an Agile test environment
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Passionate about technology and software development
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- 3+ years of total experience in QA/Testing & Test Automation
- 1+ years experience with firmware or embedded devices
- Previous experience with Unix operating systems and networking
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
Nice to have
- Work experience in an Agile development environment
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.