At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007 as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Fitbit is now a publicly traded company creating award-winning products and services that are available across the globe. We’re transforming the way the world sees health & fitness. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto.
Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the advantages of being public, offering a competitive benefits package and amazing perks. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and above all have fun doing it.
In our newest Fitbit office in Bucharest, located in the heart of the city, we are planning to build on the foundation laid by the Vector Watch team. We are looking to keep growing and this role will be fundamental to the continued success of Fitbit as we build exciting new products and services.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
About the role
About The Team
The Software Engineering organisation in Bucharest has several teams addressing different aspects of the business.
The Fitbit Developer Platform team is responsible for the status of the SDK which is used for developing 1st, 2nd and 3rd party apps for our trackers and smartwatches. This is a cross functional team, with members working on mobile, firmware, backend and frontend. Our stakeholders include other internal teams, external app developers, as well as end users.
- Experience with Task runners and package managers: npm, yarn, webpack, grunt
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms and framework internals
- Solid understanding of the full web stack technology
- Experienced in architecture design of high available web applications, testing, deployment and monitoring
- Experience working with high traffic, scalable web applications
- Experience with Cloud Service providers (GCP is preferred, Azure, AWS)
- Experience working with databases (SQL and/or NoSQL technologies)
- Experience in tuning servers for high throughput
- Always up to date with the latest technologies
- Interested in working closely across a variety of teams including product management, product designers and backend engineers
- Experience with TDD, BDD
- Ability to technically mentor colleagues
- Knowledge in agile and scrum methodologies
- Good English speaker and good communication skills
- Experience with Apache Mesos, Aurora, Linkerd, Thrift, Cassandra
- Experience with frontend frameworks: Ember.js, Angular, ReactJS, Vue.js
- Experience with microservices
- Experience in working with containers: Docker
- Experience with Flux/Redux
- Experience with Java development
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.