At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
We are looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to join Fitbit and support our CMO and the Marketing team. This position requires a broad range of interactions with external and internal professionals, including various Fitbit employees and executives.
You should be an energetic, fun-loving self-starter who is process and data focused, especially organized and with the ability to independently follow up and effectively follow through. You will also have an established track record of excelling in a self-directed work environment with evidence of continuing professional development. As a highly-motivated individual, you will have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, love everything associated with event planning, see calendar management as a craft, and pride yourself in your resourcefulness. We are looking for someone who is highly collaborative and has sound judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential information and sensitive materials.
Fitbit EA's remain flexible, poised under pressure and juggle competing projects with exemplary planning and proven time management skills. We welcome these traits in future Admins. At Fitbit, it is important to be tech curious, adaptable, innovative, positive, and an emotionally intelligent teammate. And above all, you adapt to and thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and seek out challenging projects, approaching all tasks with a down-to-earth attitude, pleasant demeanor, sense of humor, desire to have fun and aspiration to find your fit.
What You’ll Work On:
- Maintain Executive's calendar in Outlook, including the coordination of complex meetings across global time zones
- Manage and process expenses, purchase orders, invoices and contracts with both internal departments and external business partners
- Support the head of Marketing and their team as needed
- Own event planning from concept to coordinating logistics
- Coordinate and manage high volume and large group travel arrangements, with quick turn-around time, to ensure smooth domestic and international travel; manage proper visa and passport logistics
- Make independent decisions regarding levels of priority and delegate when appropriate
- Handle sensitive business and people issues with tact and diplomacy
- Undertake any other duties or projects that may be reasonably required, plan and execute upon those projects and deal with matters arising in a timely and effective manner
- Pivot quickly and gracefully as priorities shift
- Review operating processes regularly; suggest and adopt improvements where appropriate
- Contribute to the Assistant Team by engaging with colleagues to support planning for meetings, off-sites, events, projects, and professional growth
- Provide back-up support to the Assistant Team, as needed
- Enjoy the challenges of working with a diverse range of people and projects
- Passionate about Fitbit, our mission, products and can speak to wearable technology and our industry
Who you are:
- 6-8+ years’ experience:
- 2 years of progressively increasing responsibility as an Executive Assistant with a solid track record providing support for SVP and higher
- Proven track record of event coordination
- Comfortable using both Mac and PCs; advanced understanding of Microsoft Suite, Google Apps, teleconferencing applications, expense management, HR and legal platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant qualifications
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.