At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Our Shanghai office is located in the Huangpu district, on the bustling Hubin Road. The Grade-A office building is in close proximity to multiple Metro stations, thus offering easy access to the rest of the city. The Xintiandi entertainment district is within walking distance, filled with bars, restaurants and boutique shops. Our local team consists of a wide range of extraordinary talent from Embedded Engineers to Manufacturing & Supply Chain specialists.
What You’ll Work On:
- Tracking Product Quality issues in the testing, Field and Manufacturing, Faster time to Effective Corrective Actions
- Identify areas for Improvement of Product Quality
- Work with internal and external labs to develop and standardize Failure Analysis procedures for new products and existing products
- Review Failure Analysis reports to ensure results are of appropriate quality and can easily be understood.
- Support Fitbit Failure Analysis team in Root Cause Analysis of issues affecting or potentially affecting product quality
- Identify opportunities for improvements in product quality, reliability, manufacturability, cost and functionality
- Working with our CM and internal labs to setup Failure Analysis equipment/processes
- Be able to perform hands-on inspection of PCBA components using a myriad of analytical techniques
- Work with Engineering, Operations and Quality teams to create data which drives corrective action to reduce field failure rates
- Write failure analysis reports summarizing the results of investigations for the broader Fitbit audience.
Who you are:
- Bachelors degree or greater in Science, Technology, or Engineering
- 5+ years engineering job experience
- 2+ years experience with electronic devices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with US and China teams.
- Smartwatch or smartphone experience is preferred
- Bachelors degree or greater in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or mechanical engineering
- Experience working with electronics failure analysis and embedded systems.
- Experience working in a laboratory environment
- Experience with Design of Experiment and Statistical Data Analysis
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.