At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
About the Job
The IT Internal Audit Manager sits within Fitbit’s Internal Audit function and will report to the Head of Internal Audit. The perfect person will have a consistent track record of leading and building an internal controls program and partnering with Business to develop efficient and well-controlled processes across the enterprise.
- Work individually or as part of a team to lead and perform SOX Compliance and IT internal audits in accordance with standards and expectations set forth in the Internal Audit Charter.
- As needed, assist with pre- and post- implementation system reviews, and perform internal readiness assessments.
- Demonstrate significant knowledge of information technology general controls and automated business process controls and concepts using both homegrown and SAP ERP systems.
- Participate in IT engineering risk assessment activities and help execute the corporate enterprise risk management plan.
- Execute and supervise the activities throughout the audit process, including: perform research, planning and scoping; conduct interviews and walkthroughs; identify key risks and controls; draft flowcharts and/or narratives, gather evidence and perform testing; prepare and review audit work papers; discuss and clearly articulate findings, observations and related risks with auditees throughout the process.
- Identify opportunities and utilize data analytics techniques where appropriate to evaluate large and complex populations of data.
- Assess audit findings / gaps including control weaknesses with an appropriate degree of professional skepticism, seeking to fully understand risks to the firm. Assist technology partners with the development of Management Action Plans to mitigate weaknesses, providing thought leadership on the appropriateness of the Plan.
- Evaluate the adequacy and timeliness of management's response and the corrective action taken on relevant weaknesses noted within audit reports.
- Provide control consulting services to management to assist in redesign efforts that improve the control environment.
- Become subject matter expert and the go-to person for institutional knowledge of specific products, systems, and processes.
- Demonstrate commitment to Fitbit’s and Internal Audit’s strategic vision, be a self-starter, and promote project ownership and responsibility for actions.
- Commit to continuous skills and knowledge development regarding industry trends, emerging risks, and internal audit tools and techniques.
- Big 4 experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred with technical IT experience preferred.
- 7+ years of IT Audit, Information Security Risk Management, IT Compliance, cloud based or virtualized environments, SAP or related experience, that includes 2-3 years of project and people management experience.
- Knowledge and experience evaluating the design and effectiveness of processes and controls over system development/change management, logical and physical access, data integrity/accuracy/completeness, as well as IT infrastructure security.
- Experience with programming languages, tools, and techniques to perform data analytics.
- Knowledge of COSO, ISO27001, ISO27002, NIST Cybersecurity, COBIT, PCI and other related frameworks.
- Able to work on multiple assignments at a time and prioritize accordingly.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 5 - 10%
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.