At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007 as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Fitbit is now a publicly traded company creating award-winning products and services that are available across the globe. We’re transforming the way the world sees health & fitness. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto.
Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the advantages of being public, offering a competitive benefits package and amazing perks. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and above all have fun doing it.
In our newest Fitbit office in Bucharest, located in the heart of the city, we are planning to build on the foundation laid by the Vector Watch team. We are looking to keep growing and this role will be fundamental to the continued success of Fitbit as we build exciting new products and services.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
About the role
Reporting directly to the VP of Engineering & Head of Bucharest Office, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external matters. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison with the senior management teams and multiple stakeholders from multiple global regions, organizes and coordinates executive outreach and oversees special projects. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working in a tech-focused environment that is mission-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual can exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills with the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple, shifting priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects from conception to completion, and must be able to handle confidential matters with discretion.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative task including: managing extremely active calendars, completing expenses reports.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures schedules are followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway, win-win solutions for direct access to the VP.
- Provides smooth communication between the VP and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff
- Works closely and effectively with the VP to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a “barometer” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping them updated.
- Builds relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects, some of which may have an organizational impact.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- 5 years of progressively increasing responsibility as an Executive Assistant with a solid track record providing support for VP or higher
- Comfortable using both Mac and PCs; advanced understanding of Microsoft Suite, Google Apps, teleconferencing applications, expense management, HR and legal platforms
- Experience and interest in technology, digital health and fitness focused lifestyle
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant qualifications
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.