At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007 as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60 million devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalised experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a re-energised focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s EMEA HQ is based in Dublin with Global HQ campus located in the heart of San Francisco with additional office locations in Singapore, Boston, San Diego and around the world.
Think you’ve found your fit?
Brief description of the job:
The RMA Administrator is the key administrative and coordinating contact between our customers and Fitbit Reverse Logistics. The RMA Administrator will be directly responsible to ensure customer return requests are properly and accurately entered into Fitbit systems and promptly communicated back to the customer. The RMA Administrator will also be responsible for the accurate reconciliation of customer RMA requests and Fitbit 3PL confirmed RMA Receipts. This will the initial contact for all administration of customer returns and Fitbit. The RMA Administrator will work closely with the Regional Reverse Logistics team to ensure all objectives, goals and strategies are fully implemented and achieved. This position will require a keen attention to detail while at the same time operating under limited direct supervision. Analytical skills are a key factor in the success of this position.
What You’ll Work On:
- Process returns request (RMA) received from customers which include follow up on when required for regional approvals
- In conjunction with our freight providers and customer needs, arrange pickup and delivery of returns
- Ensure proper coordination where applicable with customers and freight forwarders on RMA return logistics
- Serve as primary point of contact for RMA administrative issues between customers, Fitbit and our 3PL partners
- Work directly with Finance and Credit teams on credit memos, reconciliation, or discrepancy management questions
- Prepare Discrepancy Reports and provide customer with reports on their RMAs proactively throughout the process
- Responsible for complete End to end RMA tracking (Request Date, RMA create date, RMA ship date, 3PL Dock date, 3PL process date, 3PL completion date) in centralised location for all B2B returns
- Monitor and manage all open RMAs to ensure we are proactively following up to ensure no delays are experienced in the reverse logistics supply chain
- Initiate and manage all disputes submitted because of customer return discrepancies or claims
- Excellent Excel Skills (V-look ups, pivot tables, formatting, formulas)
- Great attention to detail & accurate record keeping
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent written & spoken English
- Effective at coordinating multiple tasks to ensure on time completion
- Ability to work as team member
- Can perform and adapt, as needed, within a fast-moving, dynamic work environment
- Must be able to travel
- 3 – 5 years of experience in Logistics
- Experienced with ERP (enterprise resource planning) systems
- Previous experience in similar industry will be an advantage
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.