At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Brief description of the job:
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for the development and deployment of manufacturing functional tests for PCBAs, subassemblies and final units. The candidate also contributes to define test strategy and manufacturing test plan for the new products to ensure product functionality is tested appropriately in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
What You’ll Work On:
- Create test plans and automated test sequences or scripts for testing new products
- Collaborate closely with electrical and firmware engineering during new product bring-up to understand product performance and test metrics with the goal of transitioning to a factory environment
- Collaborate closely with internal design engineering and external test system integrators on production test fixture and system design and development to ensure good functional test coverage and reproducible results
- Provide DFX (Design for Manufacturability/Testability) feedback to development community
- Work closely with program managers and contract manufacturers to ensure adequate test capability and capacity for engineering and production builds
- Support and improve ongoing production test sequences or scripts for engineering deviations, yield improvement and cycle time reduction.
- Provide training and coaching to other test engineers and technicians
- Minimum 7 years of experience with B.S. degree (5 years of experience with M.S. or 2 years of experience with Ph.D.) in developing automated tests for electronics products
- Develop test software in LabVIEW and/or TestStand
- Experience in the electronics industry with RF and mixed signal measurement and instrumentation
- Ability to design test strategy, plan and implement to schedule
- Must have hands-on experience working in a lab environment as well as volume manufacturing
- Comprehensive analysis of technical issues, such as system performance analysis, root-cause of product issues regardless of source (hardware, system, or software)
- Must be able to work well in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- Some travel (about 25% but could be higher at times) to CMs in Asia is expected. This is typically during major events such as EVT, DVT & PVT.
- Ability to work on your own and within a team
- At least a 4-year college degree (M.S. or Ph.D. degree preferred) in engineering or a physical science with a strong emphasis in electrical engineering, manufacturing engineering, and computer engineering.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.