At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we've grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit's HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you've found your fit?
Fitbit Creative Labs is looking for a talented Senior Designer or Art Director. We are an in-house creative team of designers, art directors, writers, production artists and project managers. In this role, you will be mainly responsible for driving the development and execution of all assets and concepts for our social media channels. There will also be opportunity to work on brand marketing campaigns and assets.
The ideal candidate is a passionate creative and excellent collaborator with a positive attitude and a can-do spirit, even under pressure and in a fast-paced environment. You will work closely with the Brand Design Director and Sr. Manager of Social Media to conceptualize, design and elevate our social media creative. This role is highly creative and will involve content creation (collaborating and executing with our photo, video, & motion graphics team), as well as graphic design production.
What You'll Work On:
- Create social-first content with support from our photo, video and motion graphics team with a focus on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter.
- Elevate our creative across all social channels in partnership with copy and marketing.
- Become a brand ambassador and bring the spirit of Fitbit to life with our engaged social community.
- Present ideas with persuasion, rationale and leading creative trends.
- Implement creative solutions to feedback.
- Create on-brand social campaigns across various tentpoles.
- Collaborate with writers to help bring concepts to life.
- Drive improvements for social media quality.
- Work with your project manager to ensure that milestones are met.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates the following:
- High concept development & art direction
- Strong design & type composition skills
- A knack for developing ownable visual brand narratives
- Collaboration with motion graphics, video & photo work
- 6+ years of experience as part of a creative team for a consumer brand.
- A bachelor’s degree, ideally in design, art or photography.
- Positive, good vibes and an entrepreneurial, can-do approach, even under pressure.
- Deep understanding of branding within social media
- Hands-on experience within styling, photography & video.
- Proficient across the full Adobe Creative Suite.
- Awareness and enthusiasm for other fitness and consumer tech and lifestyle brands and their expression across platforms and media.
- Photography and/or motion design skills
- Network of photographers, stylists, illustrators, and designers in San Francisco.
- Awareness of social media trends and platform innovations.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.