At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a re-energized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
The FP&A Financial Analyst is a critical position working across Sales, Marketing, and G&A. This role will aid in the month-end close and forecasting process, help drive key initiatives and process improvements, and play a vital part in building on Fitbit’s incredible success.
This person will need to be comfortable in a high paced, ever-changing environment and capable of leveraging a strong background to perform efficiently.
- Aid in design and generation of key monthly and quarterly reporting
- Assist in monthly forecasting
- Lead month-end close efforts including soliciting accrual feedback from business partners and preparing month-end journal entries
- Process purchase requisitions being mindful of forecasted spend and working with business partners to solve for inconsistencies
- Partner with the Fitbit legal team to ensure vendor contracts align with associated purchase requisitions
- Speak to drivers of monthly and quarterly variances
- Become an expert on Fitbit’s planning system and coordinate with FP&A’s systems team to improve upon our existing tools
- Pro-actively highlight opportunities for financial process improvements
- Effectively conduct ad-hoc financial analysis
- 3+ years applicable work experience with time at a publicly traded company
- Strong Excel user comfortable with manipulating large data sets from multiple sources
- Strong understanding of financial and accounting concepts
- Excellent analytical and decision-making capabilities
- Excellent communication and personal skills, with the ability to be personable but also persistent
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment - flexible as processes are continuously evolving
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.