At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,700 employees, sold over 90mm devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego, Salt Lake City and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Fitbit is an engineering driven company with a focus on providing a great, consistent, and continuously available user experience. Our customers are uploading their tracking data and viewing their stats all the time, so site performance is critical to customer satisfaction. We're looking for someone to join our Infrastructure Engineering organization to help us build new services and evolve our existing platform.
You'll work on challenging technical problems that support hundreds of engineers and hundreds of millions of Fitbit's customers. You'll develop and design software automation and tooling to drive efficiencies and help us scale core infrastructure that our key services are built upon.
What You'll Work With:
Our tooling for Infrastructure Engineering is largely written in Python and Go. However, there are some opportunities to work with Java if you're collaborating outside of the team.
On a daily basis, this team is building tools and supporting infrastructure with: Terraform, Vault, Docker, Kubernetes, Aurora/Mesos, and Prometheus.
An excellent candidate will demonstrate existing knowledge in a number of the tools we use as well as an ability to both teach others and learn new skills.
It Would Be Great if You Have:
- Significant experience (4+ years) in working with scalable public clouds like AWS or GCP.
- Proficiency in programming and testing Go or Python.
- Strong understanding of Linux systems and containers.
- Previous experience in Kubernetes, Aurora/Mesos, Terraform, Bazel, or Vault.
- An understanding of security principles and ability to work with InfoSec to address vulnerabilities and collaborate on future changes.
- Demonstrated skill in automating operational needs and developing tools at scale.
- A history of thorough documentation.
- The ability to coordinate and communicate effectively whether it's emails, documentation, or video conferencing.
- Worked with remote teams before.
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed.
- Exceptional communication and organization skills.
- Your code is easily readable, but also can operate reliably.
- Proficient at learning new tools/systems and sharing that knowledge within the team
- Genuine curiosity and love for your craft.
- Willingness to travel to occasionally and effectively communicate with internal teams.
- Able to summarize information at varied granularity based on the intended audience.
- Skilled at planning and executing simultaneous projects and activities. Ability to prioritize and keep complicated projects moving forward.
- Able to build prototypes for new systems and vet their operation
- History of relevant open source contributions is a plus.
- Thrive in an evolving operational environment, responding to occasional unexpected production level issues.
Do this sound like you? Unsure about some of the qualifications? We'd still love to hear from you.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.