At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Director, Global Tax Planning, reporting to VP Global Tax will primarily be responsible for global planning and strategy, including domestic and international tax projects, tax audits and transfer pricing policies and procedures. This senior level position will be considered the lead functional and technical tax expert.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide tax technical direction, develop and implement tax strategies and address global tax issues.
- Partner with business functions to advise on tax aspects of new business initiatives.
- Serve as key contact for legal and finance teams on tax matters and project implementation.
- Manage the global transfer pricing strategy and ensure compliance with US and international requirements, including documentation and intercompany agreements.
- Provide oversight and review on aspects of the quarterly and year-end tax provision.
- Manage U.S. Subpart F and cash repatriation planning.
- Manage M&A projects, including structuring, diligence and integration.
- Ensure all reporting obligations are satisfied accurately and timely and manage global tax controversy.
- Review and improve where necessary, existing process and procedures.
- 15 + years of experience in tax, with in-depth knowledge of US international tax laws, including Subpart F, GILTI, FDII, BEAT, FTC, and transfer pricing
- Industry and Big 4 experience preferred.
- Ability to identify and define problems, gather and review data, assess the alternatives, interpret the results, manage the risk, and communicate findings.
- Ability to partner with senior business leaders and explain technical concepts to colleagues without a technical tax background.
- Ability to identify issues impacting the group’s tax obligations and drive continuous improvement.
- M&A due diligence and integration experience an advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Accounting or equivalent
- CPA and MS/MBA in Tax or JD highly preferred
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.