At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world.
Think you’ve found your fit?
What you’ll work on:
We’re looking for a Technical Product Manager/Senior Technical Product Manager excited about defining and shipping software platforms that include backend and frontend components which enable product teams at Fitbit to impact the health and well-being of millions of users around the world. In this position, you will play an integral role in setting software platform strategy which includes setting Fitbit up for success in utilizing machine learning and AI; you will work closely with Engineering, Design, Marketing and executive leadership to bring your software platform vision to life. Come join us on our journey to define the future of Fitbit and make the world a healthier place!
- Synthesize and constantly refine a software platform product strategy by deeply understanding users, the technology landscape across multiple domains (including machine learning and AI), and the competition
- Work closely with design and engineering in the creation of frontend and backend components which enable simple, elegant, and impactful experiences that also support continuous learning about what is working/not working
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into platform product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of the software platform while also enabling other product managers and teams to develop metrics and KPIs (e.g. growth, engagement, retention and monetization) for their experiences built using the platform
- Understand strategic and competitive position in the market and deliver platforms that support the creation of experiences/products that are recognized as best in the industry
- Develop and communicate product priorities across the company by collaborating with various teams and building consensus among them
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- TPM 3+, Senior TPM 5+ years of hands-on technical software product management experience
- Experience defining, building and shipping software platforms with backend and frontend components that are utilized by multiple internal and/or external teams targeted at enabling consumer-oriented mobile products, ideally for health, fitness or wellness
- Experience with machine learning/AI, and enabling internal and/or external teams to utilize these capabilities
- Experience with agile software development (ideally with a solid understanding of JIRA)
- Deep understanding of the differences designing for iOS and Android
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to translate and articulate complicated business and technical problems into easily understood solutions and functional requirements
- Ability to work cross-functionally with a distributed team across Engineering, Design, Customer Success, Marketing and Business Development
- Passion for health, fitness, wellness and Fitbit's mission to make the world a healthier place
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.