At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Fitbit is now a publicly-traded company creating award-winning products and services that are available across the globe. We’re transforming the way the world sees health & fitness. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public—offering a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like free lunches, Friday happy hours, on-site fitness classes and more. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to join our growing team. As an Embedded Software Engineer at Fitbit, you will have the opportunity to work on different parts of the embedded stack, from device drivers up to the UI. We're a passionate team dedicated to health & fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. Our Engineers work on new product development from day one, working cross functionally with many other engineering organizations. With a well-rounded profile, Embedded Software Engineers at Fitbit have the freedom and flexibility to work on the technologies that truly interest them. Our Firmware Engineering team is highly collaborative, with all members making a large impact, regardless of seniority. We're looking for people who are excited about health and technology, and how these together can make a difference in people's everyday lives.
The Embedded Software Engineer at Fitbit is a generalist who may work on the whole stack, from hardware support and board bring-up, through the operating system and communications and up to the application and user interface.
As an embedded software engineer, you will take on challenges in areas that may include:
- Develop and enable new product features in embedded software
- Write drivers and support for hardware / peripherals
- Design and implement system technologies, such as data management and transport
- Create user interfaces, collaborating with our UI/UX designers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or comparable skill
- 5-8+ years professional experience working in RTOS (or embedded Linux) and bare metal environments
- Proven strong coding skill
- Proven strong understanding of software design - technology, methods and approaches
- Experience with one or more relevant technologies such as Bluetooth LE, WLAN, sensors, or graphics
- Experience with hardware debug and ultra low power / ultra small footprint software design is preferred
- We have opportunities for candidates with a range of professional experience.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.