At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
What You’ll Do:
The Fitbit HW team is where we identify and develop core technologies to design into our wearable devices. This Hardware Engineer position supports the technology development and product development teams. You’ll work closely with other engineers and subject matter experts to develop new wearable devices.
• Contribute to hardware design for Fitbit’s devices and/or device subsystems
• Follow hardware product development through the entire life cycle
• Schematic capture, layout oversight, bringup, and debug of sub-systems
• Define test criteria, draft test plans, and execute tests
• Contribute to technology investigation projects to prepare new features and technologies for use in future products
• Some travel to Asia for builds and tactical problem solving
- 3 years of industry experience
- Comfortable working closely with interdisciplinary teams
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas: batteries, power supplies, displays, touch, wireless protocols, MCUs, signal integrity, mixed signal analog & audio, power management, biometric sensors
- Knowledge of the PCB design process
- Experience with Cadence or Altium tools
- Hands-on experience with EE lab instruments and their use in verification and troubleshooting
- Experience using Python to automate tasks/lab measurements
- Bonus points for experience with data analysis tools like Pandas for Python, R, Minitab, JMP
- Detail-oriented with experience documenting designs and processes
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.