At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
What You’ll Work On:
- Produce innovative designs with consumer appeal to meet size, performance, cost, time to market, and quality targets
- Lead the hardware design for Fitbit’s devices and/or device subsystems
- Define, co-architect, and oversee new silicon efforts with partners
- Define EE architecture and execute EE product development through the entire life cycle
- Responsible for component selection, schematic capture, layout oversight, bringup, and debug
- Define test criteria, draft test plans and oversee execution for internal or remote teams
- Collaborate closely with ME and ID to maintain design intent. Work with ME on design elements that affect DFM, ESD, EMI, RF, and reliability
- Drive technology investigation projects to prepare new features and technologies for use in future products
- For design lead positions, travel to Asia for builds and tactical problem solving
- Mentor and develop junior engineers
- Track record of launching high volume electronics products. Low power product development experience is a plus.
- Comfortable working closely with interdisciplinary teams
- Deep knowledge in one or more of the following areas: batteries, power supplies, displays, touch, wireless protocols, MCUs, signal integrity, mixed signal analog & audio, power management, biometric sensors
- Knowledge of the PCB design process and experience with Cadence or Altium tools.
- Proficiency with EE lab instruments and their use in verification and troubleshooting
- Experience with ODM, JDM, or CM models of product development. Comfortable with managing outsourced engineering support teams as well as full local design responsibility
- 8 years of industry experience
- Experience customizing or designing new silicon with Tier-1 semiconductor partners
- Influencing others, leading teams to reach consensus for product and engineering decisions
- Self-starter and creative problem-solver
- Able to analyze engineering tradeoffs and make data-driven decisions, and then articulate and justify these to the cross functional team.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.