At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Work Location: WeiFang-Quindao
What You’ll Work On:
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from
- Expert mechanical fabrication understanding of plastic and metal components
- Develops manufacturing processes with factory team by identifying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment
- Sources components and identifies alternatives to aid in production Validates all aspects of component suitability for use in product.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, production capacity and equipment
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and
- Observes and quantifies field related issues with product, implementing changes to product and process which correct Monitors corrective results.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes, implementing and initiating change control .
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules/outputs; estimating future
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and
- Champions DFx activities for new HW programs
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and Presents information to cross functional team when required.
- Maintains and improves product and processes quality by writing process control, contributing DFx for new design and monitoring product yields in production, initiating controls where
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding production
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- 3-7 years of experience working in high volume Consumer Device or Medical Device Manufacturing
- Chinese language skills required
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written Chinese
- BSEE/BSME Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Experience with contract manufacturing
- Strong process and quality knowledge and skills
- Program management skills/experience preferred
- Experience with DOE (Design of Experiment)
- Experience dealing with small complex products and manufacturing processes
- Experience with manufacturing methods and procedures, Quality, Component Engineering, Product Development, presenting of technical Information, CAD/CAM Circuit
- 25% Travel Travel within China with some international travel that may be required.
- Ability to drive
- Can work effectively independently with little direct supervision.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.