At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Our Shanghai office is located in the Huangpu district, on the bustling Hubin Road. The Grade-A office building is in close proximity to multiple Metro stations, thus offering easy access to the rest of the city. The Xintiandi entertainment district is within walking distance, filled with bars, restaurants and boutique shops. Our local team consists of a wide range of extraordinary talent from Embedded Engineers to Manufacturing & Supply Chain specialists.
Brief description of the job:
As a Materials Manager for New Product Introduction you’ll be responsible for ensuring material readiness and availability for new product prototype builds and mass production ramp-ups. The ideal candidate will have direct experience in a manufacturing environment, an engineering degree or operations background, and a passion for Fitness Trackers. The Materials Manager will work closely with Product Development Engineering, Commodity Sourcing, Manufacturing, and Planning teams to fully understand demand and supply needs and balance those against operational goals.
What You’ll Work On:
- Plan, schedule, and manage material readiness for delivering time-critical components to prototype builds during development and launch. Manage end-to-end clear to build process and ensure execution of materials related ramp readiness activities at OEMs
- Work with program team, engineering, and commodity managers to validate the design readiness and risk, plan of record and BOM, multi-sourcing qualification, build configuration, and costing.
- Highlight risks to management and propose solutions for mitigation
- Work fluidly in a highly cross-functional team environment
- BA/BS degree in a technical field.
- 5+ years related experience in planning, supply chain, production, or engineering.
- Strong analytical capabilities and proficiency in MS Excel.
- Ability to work on multiple cross functional projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivation and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with ERP systems (e.g. SAP)
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.