At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 80mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products and services. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Head of Business Development, Payments & Transit
We’re seeking a leader in Business Development to focus on our NFC-enabled products and partnerships in North America. The successful candidate will have a track record managing a team and working with payment networks and large scale organizations with the ability to create and deliver clear go-to-market partnership strategy to the leadership team. This position is based in San Francisco and reports to the Sr. Director of Business Development, Brand Partnerships.
- Drive high profile, complex and cross functional strategic and business development initiatives to establish partnerships in key identified areas (enablement with card networks, issuers, 3rd party wallet providers and others)
- Build strategy and GTM plan to drive Fitbit solution adoption with issuers, rewards partners, co-branded partners, system integrators
- Identify new use cases and strategic opportunities to drive revenue growth of Fitbit solutions
- Develop new business models to deliver incremental revenue
- Identify, build, and manage your own pipeline of partners to integrate with Fitbit as well as ongoing relationships.
- Work with Product Management to align on business plan, manage KPI’s and ROI of deliverables for merchant and transit integration opportunities.
- Ability to manage and grow a team
- Work cross-functionally with legal, marketing, product, and engineering teams when needed
- Work with the marketing team to create value- add promotions with partners to drive acquisition and engagement of Fitbit products.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- BS or MBA preferred.
- 10 years BD experience; 5-7 years of business development experience in payment related fields (card networks, banks, payment companies & etc.)
- Proven track record of developing partnerships with card networks or top issuers
- Deep knowledge of the payment ecosystem
- Good judgment in evaluating opportunities, strong communication skills and follow through
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and a fast learner for unfamiliar areas
- Experience in merchant acquiring business is a plus
- Comfortable speaking about API’s and fluency with data access partnerships
- Very strong social and relationship building skills and a smart negotiator
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Creatively proficient-must create/deliver highly impactful presentations
- Proven track record of negotiating complex deals with SMB and large enterprise companies
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic person that works/plays well with others
- Passion for health and fitness industry
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.