At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Manager, Customer Relations (T3)
In this role you will be responsible for Fitbit’s San Francisco based Customer Relations Team. The Customer Relations agents work on some of our most challenging and important customer cases, including safety, customer escalations and new product and program initiatives.
You will lead a team to help ensure customer loyalty and retention and manage agent performance and key performance metrics of multiple customer support queues. You will be a thought leader on the Fitbit customer support executive team and focus on how the Customer Relations team supports scalability and excellence in our contact center operations. In this role you will lead supervisors and the specialized agents working on their teams.
The Customer Relations team leader will work within Fitibit’s Worldwide Contact Center organization and in partnership with various other functional areas across the company and will drive a range of channel programs to performance manage and scale our business and company priorities.
The Ideal Candidate
Innovative. Dynamic. Data-driven. Team oriented. Results oriented. You are someone who stays curious and loves to share information and action it. You are a strategic thinker, and a determined leader who inspires your teams to be their very best. You are someone who can see around corners and engage with Executives at a high level while coaching your team to handle multiple initiatives. You have a vision for excellence and you thrive in fast paced environments. You are determined, but diplomatic. You know how to get things done through others, and how to inspire and motivate. You know how to tell a story with data and find new solutions to old problems. You can clearly envision a path to completion and manage to it while staying on target.
- Manage a team of supervisors and Tier 3 escalation agents in a high touch customer support environment to support Fitbit’s customer satisfaction goals
- Establishes and manages procedures to ensure effective support coordination between multiple outsourced contact centers providing Tier 1 and Tier 2 support, and internal Tier 3 resources
- Foster strong team coherency, high-performance culture, and sound best practices that align to Fitbit values; lead by example to drive efficient results
- Responsible for hiring, coordinating training, assigning and evaluating work, and counseling if necessary
- Collaborate seamless and effectively across functions to escalate and resolve customer issues and priorities; manage case tickets to completion and serve as highest escalation point in the support processes
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders on contact center initiatives
- Manage multiple KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)across multiple channels (voice, email, chat, social and communities) including customer satisfaction, productivity metrics and service levels
- Lead new product and program initiatives
- Liaise with corporate divisions such as Finance, Operations, and Legal on strategic programs
- BA/BS degree
- 2 to 5 years contact center management experience
- Experience managing managers in different functions
- Experience managing virtual or remote teams
- Passionate about improving both the internal and external customer experience by driving process improvements
- Self-motivated, with proven track record of execution as a team member and team leader
- Solid organizational, time management and problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Strong executive presence and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and interfacing with all stakeholders at senior levels
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, presentation, and negotiation skills with the ability to present to all position levels, from individual contributors to executives
- Detail-oriented, results-oriented, and pragmatic while also innovative and creative
- Track record of motivating and inspiring teams
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and thrive in a dynamic environment
- Knowledge of Fitbit products and customers
- Proven success driving complex, cross-functional projects
- Global contact center experience
- Ability to build relationships across organizations and handle alternative viewpoints
- Effectively handle changing priorities and additional duties as assigned
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.