At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
As an embedded Technical Program Manager supporting Interactive Product Development, you’ll work directly with development teams to help them achieve their goals and build proficiency towards creating a culture of self-organization and continuous improvement. You’ll improve our delivery of services and devices by coaching product owners, scrum masters, and development team members in all aspects of the standard Agile/Scrum process, including epic and user story creation, release planning, backlog estimation, sprint planning, daily standups, retrospectives, and sprint reviews. You’ll coordinate with other teams to manage dependencies and plan future sprints in a scaled Agile framework.
What you’ll do:
- Drive process improvements toward the consistent delivery of working product
- Facilitate all Scrum events
- Facilitate team’s own self-improvement efforts
- Help identify and manage incoming and outgoing dependencies for the team
- Help remove impediments raised by members of the team
- Help maintain and manage Scrum artifacts, and enable their inclusion to produce sprint reports
- Engage teams in program-level planning and execution in multiple sprint increments
- Operate as scrum master for at least one team, likely two
We are looking for some combination of the following skills:
- Build strong, trusting relationships with development teams, product management, stakeholders, and cross-functional development groups
- Clearly communicate changes/requests to the team and status/compromises to stakeholders
- Manage multiple concurrent projects
- Run efficient meetings in an organized and consistent manner
- Seek to find compromise when requirements conflict and know how to negotiate with collaborators within or outside the team
- Adapt to changing conditions with changed plans and priorities
- Encourage, support, and guide continuous improvement of the team, its products, and processes
- CSM certification required
- 3-5 years of experience as a Scrum Master for a software development team
- Knowledge and experience with Agile techniques. For example: Release Planning, Scrum of Scrums, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Paired Programming, Automated Testing
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, information systems, or related technology field or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Proficient with Agile processes including story sizing, backlog management, etc.
- Experience with Agile project management tools such as JIRA, VersionOne, or Rally
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.