At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Brief Description of the Job
The Senior Product Quality Engineer will be responsible for driving a fundamental, Fitbit wide, key initiative of maintaining the highest level of quality for the Fitbit product family. This person will work on many facets of product quality, including resolving technical issues stemming from warranty replacements, improving manufacturing yields, qualifying additional suppliers, and coordinating cross functional testing. This position focuses on products currently in the market and overlaps with new product development. This position is highly visible to cross functional and management teams. This position resides under the Operations and Engineering groups.
- Tracking and driving resolution of product quality issues that affect customer experience, manufacturing yield, supply, or component quality.
- Communicating product quality issues throughout the organization: Operations, Quality, Customer Service, Engineering, through Executive Level.
- Driving cross functional teams to define testing and qualification requirements to resolve product quality issues.
- Driving root cause investigations in house, at contract manufacturers and sub-suppliers
- Contributing technically to root cause investigation/understanding and propose corrective actions
- Ensure improvements are documented and implemented (ECO)
- Review customer complaints and manage investigations
- Identify areas where team/department can improve
- Available to be on weekly calls in the evening with global contract manufacturers and suppliers in other time zones
- Ability to travel 25% domestically and internationally as needed, sometimes on short notice
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS or MS degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial Engineering/Physics
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working within Quality or similar role
- Strong Technical Background and able to communicate technical information clearly
- The Quality Engineer will be innovative, knowledgeable and intensely committed to ensure that products meet Quality requirements
- Experience in performing 8D Investigations
- Background in consumer electronics or high tech industry
- Experience with domestic and overseas manufacturing and working directly with Contract Manufacturers and strategic vendors
- Quality engineering background with experience in AQLs, product inspections, vendor qualifications and audits
- Must be detail-oriented with strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with JIRA. Developing and leading JIRA processes
- Experience with Medical Devices or within a regulated industry
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.