At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
What will you do?
- Work with a team of data science and engineering professionals to leverage one of the most interesting, richest user data sets in the world
- Build and own ETL pipelines to produce Fitbit’s core analytics data models
- Create, own and maintain Fitbit’s growing corpus of dashboards that provide self-service data exploration for the analytic needs of various groups, including product management, design, engineering, and executives.
- Build rich visualizations leveraging our extremely large data set to monitor progress towards key results as well as inform business and operational decisions.
- Help our stakeholders by providing ad hoc query assistance to answer impactful business questions.
- Work cross-functionally with product leaders to define KPIs and measure metric categories including adoption, engagement, and retention.
- Evangelize the use of data tools and best practices and ensure stakeholders’ analytic needs are being met
- Communicate results directly with senior management at Fitbit
Who are you?
- You have a Bachelors or Masters degree in a quantitative discipline (statistics, physics, operations research, informatics, engineering, applied mathematics, economics, etc.), or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in a data-driven environment designing and building metrics-focused deliverables, ideally in a technical, consumer-facing and/or web-based business.
- You have a high degree of comfort in leveraging SQL to manipulate data
- You have a high degree of comfort working in a coding environment (Python preferred, Spark/Scala a plus). Work in a distributed environment (AWS or GCP) a plus.
- You have experience with at least one analytic reporting platform (Tableau, Looker, etc.) or data visualization libraries (R Shiny, Highcharts, D3.js, etc.)
- You have expertise in ETL and data warehousing concepts
- You follow engineering best practices (code review, versioning, etc)
- You’re enthusiastic and detail-oriented about producing high-quality data and analytics.
- You have exceptional communication skills and can manage stakeholder priorities directly.
- You are unafraid to get your hands dirty and build a brand new data pipeline from scratch if needed. You are able to quickly pick up new technologies and are willing to do what it takes to surface data to provide valuable insights.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.