At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Fitbit is looking for a Software Engineer in Test that will improve strategy, contribute to testing, coordinate and optimize the coverage for our backend systems. You’ll review the testing strategy, optimize coverage, guide other engineers on the team, design new tests and execute both manual and automated tests, as part of a scrum team.. The ideal candidate is well organized, vocal and has broad experience in Software Testing especially backend testing.
As a Software Engineer in Test you will work on challenging automation tools and tests that will provide continuous quality feedback to your team. You will work with mobile and web automation, RESTful API’s, Continuous Integration systems and cloud based environments. The challenges are plentiful and we are looking for a proactive engineer who has a passion for quality and a proven track record of putting that passion into motion.
What you'll work on:
- Promote an overall culture of quality
- Work as part of an Agile scrum team, focusing on testing the backend functionality.
- Design and implement test strategies for new and existing features with a focus on growing the automation coverage
- Use a variety of quality assurance techniques to find, isolate, troubleshoot and report great bugs
- Develop Test Specs, Test Plans and Test Suites
- Develop efficient automation tests and support of automation test infrastructures
- Mentor junior engineers on testing best practices, patterns and processes
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years of total experience testing APIs, including experience with REST, JSON, Postman or similar.
- 2+ years of experience leading testing teams and projects, preferably teams focused on backend testing
- Solid knowledge of test management, reporting and bug tracking tools (TestRail, Jira or similar)
- Knowledge of code repo/review tools (GIT, Bitbucket or similar)
- Knowledge of CI/ CD and pipeline tools (Jenkins, Docker, Ansible)
- Strong fundamental understanding of HTTP and HTTPS
- Hands-on experience with testing tools such as: Selenium,Thrift, Ember, Pact or similar
- Passionate about software testing
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Experience testing microservices would be a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.