At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
What You'll Work On:
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining and presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core/business products.
- Partner with Customer Support, Research, Product Specialist, Community, Social and Engineering teams to identify trends and opportunities
- Inform, influence and support our product decisions using insight on customer experience
- Designing and evaluating experiments monitoring key metrics, understanding root cause of changes in metrics
- Building and analyzing dashboards and reports
- Understanding the customer support ecosystems, user behaviors, and long term trends
- Identify levers to help move key metrics
- Evaluating and identifying metrics
- Building models of user behaviors for analysis
- 5+ years experience in an analytics/data science role
- Bachelors, Masters degree in quantitative discipline (Economics, Finance, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or MBA with emphasis in analytics)
- Proficient at analyzing large multi-dimensional data sets using data/statistical tools such as R, Python, SAS, SPSS and Excel.
- Experience utilizing tools like Tableau, HighCharts, Qlikview
- Linux skills (shell scripting, Java, PHP, etc.)
- A strong passion for data, charts, analysis, trends, and evangelizing data usage
- An appreciation for Fitbit’s products
- Ability to draw conclusion from data and provide recommendations
- Presentation skills including creating Keynote/PowerPoint presentations
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.