At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
The Manager of Test Engineering is responsible and accountable for qualification/First-Article testing and production testing of components, subassemblies, assemblies and systems in accordance with formal Test Procedures. You will coordinate the development of test methodologies and coding for new product projects and provide active guidance in failure analysis and corrective actions. Your understanding of appropriate test methods, validation, debug and reporting of results will drive the bring-up, production test and failure debug of our products. The Manager is also responsible for the development, design and fabrication of any special test equipment and fixtures in support of development and production testing.
Primary Team Responsibilities Include:
- Provide direction for all test, diagnostics and test documentation activities for Fitbit and our suppliers.
- Develop overall production test strategy (and plans) for Fitbit products
- Develop and implement automated test scripts for new and sustaining products.
- Develop and deploy functional test equipment, fixtures and procedures for new and sustaining products.
- Evaluate and select a common hardware platform and develop highly reusable hardware and software to reduce test capex and new test development time
- Establish, document and ensure adherence to essential development and support processes
- Work concurrently with the design engineering team to analyze and influence new products from a DFx perspective.
- Resolve production test issues by working with contract manufacturing suppliers and OEM suppliers.
- Monitor test failure trends in production and implement corrective action(s) to improve production test yields.
- Work with cross functional team to define project requirements and planning necessary to deliver quality products on time
- Attend and participate in Engineering design reviews to contribute to the understanding of test requirements and to the development of factory test procedures for the overall Testability of new product designs
- Responsible for preparing capital test equipment requests with appropriate costs and application justification
- Oversee and approve the design of special test equipment, fixtures and test set-ups
- Have the minimum of a Bachelors degree in engineering or science, or an equivalent technical understanding earned through related experience
- Over 10 years experience in developing test equipment, procedures and test methods with managerial experience is required
- Thorough technical understanding of testing methodologies and state-of-the-art automated and semi-automated test equipment.
- Analog, digital communication, RF & wireless fundamentals
- Electrical, acoustic and RF subsystem characterization: key performance parameters and measurement methods and equipment
- Experience with high volume test strategies
- Manage resources with people skills to promote efficiency and productivity in the department
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills, strong verbal & written communications skills, strong teamwork & interpersonal skills, ability to interface effectively with cross-functional customers and all levels of management, strong ability to negotiate and meet deadlines.
- Understanding of best practices for coding, testing, and documenting
- Experienced in LabVIEW and other programming languages for automated electronic testing
- Familiarity with statistical analysis methods (such as Gage R&R) and manufacturing performance metrics
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.