At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world.
Think you’ve found your fit?
What you’ll work on:
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager excited about defining and shipping the underlying systems & platforms that drive the Fitbit connected device experience. In this position, you will play an integral role in setting product strategy and defining features & capabilities that power Fitbit’s ‘magic’ with connectivity over Bluetooth, Wifi & beyond. You will work closely with Engineering, Design, Marketing, Partner Product Managers and executive leadership to bring your product visions to life. Come join us on our journey to define the future of Fitbit and make the world a healthier place!
- Deeply understand customers, IOT technology and competition, and synthesize into product strategy
- Develop and communicate product priorities across the company by collaborating with various functions and building consensus among them
- Work closely with engineering in crafting clear product requirements, and articulating success metrics at the communications platform level
- Work closely with design in crafting simple, elegant, impactful experiences, with an ability to translate complex ‘under the hood’ connected device technologies into clearly understood and magical user experiences.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products around platform performance, engagement and the overall user experience.
- Collaborate with multiple teams to gather key external requirements combined with internal ones and prioritize around overall company strategy and value.
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Understand strategic and competitive position in the market and deliver products that are recognized as best in the industry
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Drive a forward thinking & visionary platform product strategy, anticipating platform needs and desired user experiences
- Ability to simultaneously understand the complex challenges of a wireless platform for connected devices / IOT while demanding the best user experience.
- 5+ years of hands-on product management experience
- Technical background or strong technical knowledge foundation
- Experience defining, building and shipping multi-platform consumer-oriented mobile products, ideally for a connected device / IOT product.
- Passion for connected device experiences, health, fitness, wellness and Fitbit's mission to make the world a healthier place
- Experience with agile development
- Deep understanding of platform conventions on iOS and Android & web technologies.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to translate and articulate complicated business problems into easily understood solutions and functional requirements
- Ability to work cross-functionally with a distributed team across Engineering, Design, Customer Success, Marketing and Business Development
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.