At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
About the role:
We are looking for a talented Backend Software Engineer who is strong enough to push development beyond the limits and deliver best-in-class solutions. Being a player of a relatively small team, which is responsible for core features of our product.
We primarily use Java 8, JEE, Spring, Hibernate, Finagle/Finatra, MySQL, Cassandra, Kafka, Zookeeper, Prometheus.
We are planning to transition all infrastructure to Google Cloud Platform by the end of the year and will be using the following: BigTable, Spanner, Google Cloud SQL, Google Cloud Storage, BigQuery.
- Analyse the problem, research, make a proof of concept, discuss with other engineers
- Make a high level estimate of implementation
- Code the implementation and tests that meet functional and nonfunctional requirements, e.g. design patterns, logging, metrics, latency, throughput, scalability etc.
- Maintain and improve the production monitoring and alerting to ensure the quality of the implemented features
- Perform code review of the code written by other engineers
- Ability to work and achieve results without daily supervision collaborating with other engineers
- Vast experience working with Java
- Expertise in Spring, JEE, Hibernate, RDBMS, distributed systems
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures)
- Proven experience working on highly scalable, database-backed web applications
- Strong focus on delivering value rather than pure engineering
- Reasonable verbal and good written English
Would be a plus:
- NoSQL: Cassandra, Redis and others
- Distributed messaging systems: Kafka and others
- Microservices architecture design
- Side projects or open-source contributions
- BS/MS Degree in CS/Math or related field
- Experience in hiring and mentoring team members
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salaries and annual bonuses
- Choose your technology. Mac or PC
- Conference participation with all expenses paid
- No middle management and unnecessary bureaucracy
- Full-time, flexible work schedule
- Ability to grow professionally in a global team, and improve your English
- Comfortable office, fruits and snacks
- Free Fitbit products
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.