At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto!
Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, onsite yoga classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
About the role
We’re looking for a strong leader to join our Health Solutions team in Minsk. Over the last six years, Fitbit has driven innovation in corporate wellness programs with a corporate wellness offering that is now adopted by over 70 of the Fortune 500. The part of the team that is based out of Minsk is in charge of building the integration framework with our partners, as well as on integrating the Fitbit app with our health coaching application.
In this role, you'll have the mandate to grow and manage a team of software engineers, define technology roadmaps and strategies in your functional area, as well as drive excellence in execution. This is a hands-on engineering management position involving both people and technical leadership.
- Grow and lead a team of software engineers contributing and leading development in product and technology projects across mobile, cloud and backend infrastructure technologies
- Coach and develop leadership skills of direct reports
- Work with technical team leads to drive forward technical decisions for projects
- Develop, track, and communicate progress and risks to technology roadmap, maintaining alignment with product roadmap to various stakeholders
- Own development and shipment responsibility for projects
- Oversee and champion architecture and critical implementations, product and code quality, and use of best practices focused on developing highly scalable systems
- Develop, maintain, and implement staffing and hiring plans working closely with product teams, department management and recruiting team
- Lead or participate in technology and product development project retrospectives
- 2+ years experience managing software engineering teams
- 4+ years professional experience in building software projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or comparable skill
- Experienced in architecture design of high-availability web applications, testing, deployment and monitoring is a plus
- Strong architecture skills (cloud and/or mobile development)
- Experience working with databases (SQL and NoSQL technologies) is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Experience having released consumer apps is a plus
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and annual bonus (based on your individual performance goals)
- Work on Products that are core to Fitbit ecosystem and helping improve people’s lives
- Opportunity to learn from world-class professionals from Fitbit offices across the world
- Transparent and consistent feedback to help you advance your career
- Top-tier MacBook
- Medical Insurance: Health and Dental
- Free Fitbit devices for you, devices for friends & family with discount
- 26 days vacation + 5 personal days + 1 paid day off on your birthday
- English classes
- Fully-stocked kitchen
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.