At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
The Health Coaching Platform team at Fitbit is committed to empowering individuals to take control of their health and equipping health coaches and other healthcare providers with tools that optimize collaboration and care.
WE are a passionate team building out the tools to improve health outcomes across our rapidly growing user base. We strive to continually improve our code and our process, ensuring that we can deliver the best feature set to users in the minimal amount of time. We believe that we can change lives with the work we do.
YOU are a talented software engineer focused on shipping the best quality software. You value autonomy, ownership, and collaborative, fast-moving environments. You enjoy analyzing problems and architecting solutions, and believe that every interaction the customer has should be compelling and first rate. You write clear and concise code using modern tools and frameworks.
We ask a lot of our back end infrastructure. We need it to perform. We have ambitious goals so we need it to scale. As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer you will understand the needs of our users and work closely with a cross-functional team to craft a simple and high quality platform to meet them, delivering distributed architectures, interfaces, and interactions that push the state of the art.
What You’ll Work On:
- Engineering delivery of the Health Coaching Platform server to millions of users with Node.js, MongoDB and related tools and technologies in a scalable cloud environment
- Collaborative ownership of front-end components and style implementation, as well as back-end component designs, implementation, deployment, and performance monitoring
- Participate in all aspects of product development from feature definition and estimation, to architecture, implementation, testing, deployment, measurement, and refinement
- Expand our existing set of automated tests and work with test and performance engineers to deliver high product quality at scale
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent skill
- 3+ years of experience in B2B or consumer-facing full-stack software development at scale
- Software engineering and development with ES6
- Experience designing, testing, delivering, and monitoring scalable high-availability software in a cloud computing environment (Amazon EC2 or Google Cloud Platform preferred)
- Proficient at understanding, modifying, and creating data models
- Proven ability to create and communicate architectures and designs incorporating third-party libraries to minimize software time-to-market and total lifecycle cost
- Strong design sense, with an ability to implement user experiences precisely and consistently across a wide range of devices
- Experience delivering RESTful APIs for 3rd party integration
- Several of the following skill sets:
- Experience building out single page applications
- Testing and deploying software with robust credentialing and access controls
- Experience with SOA
- Proficiency with TDD and BDD
- Strong software development skills in additional languages (e.g. Java, Python, Swift, ObjectiveC)
- Experience with real time data pipeline architectures or services such as Kafka
- Experience working directly with large business customers, especially in the healthcare space with HIPAA compliance
- A track record of leading projects with a group of your peers
- Experience with usability or accessibility engineering
- Feature and design iteration with A/B testing
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.