At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
We are looking for a driven, experienced and hands-on individual to manage Fitbit’s Electrical Digital Semiconductor supply base for existing and new products. Together with the technical team, lead the qualification of strategic technology partners and solutions.
We are looking for a driven, experienced and hands-on individual to manage Fitbit’s Electrical Digital Semiconductor supply base for existing and new products. Together with the technical and JDM teams, lead and develop a supply fulfillment process as well as qualification of strategic technology partners and solutions.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Lead new component sourcing and supplier qualifications.
- Align supply with JDM teams to proactively communicate with respective GCMs on supply gaps
- Monitor and report on supplier roadmaps to ensure supply base aligns with strategic direction needed.
- Ensure all Strategic Partners are under contract for Supply Continuity, Cost Productivity over time and Quality
- Implement the Multi-source strategy
- Drive material availability for development builds
- Negotiate and drive component costing
- Ensure continuous cost reduction
- Capacity planning for ramp and mass production
- Forecast communication and PO issuance for consigned parts
- Minimize excess and obsolescence (E&O) and improve availability
- Develop the process and procedures to manage and control the Preferred Supplier list
- Volume and demonstrated capacity
- Reduction in pull ins, expedite fees and E&O
- Alignment of suppliers to Fitbit technology roadmap
- Component availability
- Quarterly Cost take downs
- BS (MS preferred) in Business.
- Minimum 5 years of direct experience managing global Semiconductor companies
- Demonstrated experience in managing cost reductions and material availability
- Demand/Supply Planning…factory facing
- Start up and volume ramp experience in consumer electronics
- Demonstrated negotiating skills reducing cost, and improving lead-time while developing a win/win environment with suppliers
- Team oriented
- Strong ethics and professionalism
- APICS CPIM or CSCP preferred
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.