At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Fitbit is now a publicly-traded company creating award-winning products and services that are available across the globe. We’re transforming the way the world sees health & fitness. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public—offering a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like free lunches, Friday happy hours, on-site fitness classes and more. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is made up of three modern buildings located at the heart of SOMA in San Francisco. Monday-Friday you can feast your eyes on amazing views of the skyline, then feast yourself on some of the city’s best food trucks, lunch spots and coffee shops. When you’ve had your fill, lace up and make your way to the Ferry Building for the perfect post-work run or walk along the water (with the Bay Bridge as your backdrop)!
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
The Senior Manufacturing Operations Manager is a leader, a thinker and a facilitator. You are driven, organized, collaborative, and enjoy process development. In this key role, you will be visible at all levels of the organization.
What You'll Work On:
- Lead and deploy a new initiative to optimize factory yield and efficiency. Key team members of the team will include Manufacturing Engineers, Design Engineers, Test Engineers, Reliability Engineers, Production Planning, Logistics, Marketing and Finance. This team will drive a direct impact to Fitbit’s gross margin.
- Drive the digitization of data in our factories. Create a comprehensive manufacturing operations dashboard that will be the health indicator of the factory.
- Take the lead on technical issues resolution related to manufacturing process control.
- Manage financial reserves and project ROIs.
- Data analysis and communication of key aspects of factory operations.
- 25% travel to Asia.
Who You Are:
- BS in Engineering.
- MBA/MS in Engineering/Ops preferred.
- A team player.
- A problem solver. Possess critical thinking skills that identify the kernel of issues, and be able to put in place the required corrective actions.
- Excellent skills in communication, Excel, Powerpoint and database management.
- Minimum 5 years of factory/manufacturing-related experience.
- Excellent program management skills; be able to balance strategy and tactics as needed.
- Consumer electronics manufacturing experience preferred.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.