Fit Analytics — the world’s leading size advisor solution for online clothes shopping — is looking for a motivated full-time Senior Database / Back-end Developer. You will work with the largest and most extensive data set in the industry to help ensure accuracy in clothing and apparel fit prediction. If you're passionate about writing correct, elegant, flexible and performant code and ready to use your skills to shape the future of the online fashion industry, we want to hear from you!
Who We Are
Based in Berlin and Chicago, we’re a team of data scientists, fashionistas, physicists, business analysts, designers, and hackers, working together to tackle a single problem: making it easy for online shoppers to find the right clothes size. We help some of the world’s largest clothing brands solve sizing issues, boost conversions and slash returns.
What We Do
Our core product, Fit Finder, helps clothing and apparel companies instantly access the power of machine learning to deliver a perfect fit for customers. In addition to Fit Finder, we have introduced three new product lines to the market in 2018/19: Fit Connect, Fit Intelligence and Fit Source. The Fit Analytics’ platform combines the world's largest database of garment and fit information with hundreds of billions of euros of purchasing records and consumer preferences. By applying the power of machine learning to this unique data set, we've created a range of innovative solutions to help drive improvements throughout the apparel lifecycle from manufacturing to marketing. Leading apparel brands and retailers across six continents trust our platform to solve sizing at scale and deliver meaningful bottom-line impact. Our clients include the likes of Zara, Asos, Hugo Boss, JD Sports, Bershka, The North Face, Tommy Hilfiger, Uniqlo, Calvin Klein and many more!
What The Role Involves
- Improving existing architecture to ensure scalability of the system (>1 million requests per minute)
- Introducing new data structures that enable better and more specific recommendations
- Making sure our systems are flexible enough to support the data feeds of our 100+ and growing client base
- Collaborating with other technical teams in the company
- Coaching / mentoring other team members
- Participating in a Kanban workflow
- Teamwork and peer review
- Having a direct impact on how tens of millions of people buy clothes online
What We're Looking for in You
- University degree in Computer Science or Mathematics
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong ECMAScript 2015 programming skills (Node.js; back-end only)
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Familiarity with Linux and Git
- Relational database design and SQL programming skills (MySQL, PostgreSQL) is an advantage
- Experience with cloud computing (Docker, Kubernetes) is an advantage
- CoffeeScript experience is an advantage (part of our current codebase is CoffeeScript)
- Practical experience in a commercial company is an advantage
- Fluent English and excellent communication skills
- Resident in Berlin
What We Offer You
- A competitive salary
- Hands-on experience building a revolutionary e-commerce product
- A spot in our smart, creative and highly-motivated international team
- Daily breakfast and lunch plus regular team events
Why We’re Different
We're not sitting around wondering what the product is and burning other people's money while expecting everyone to work ridiculous hours for little reward. We're profitable, organized, and already providing a unique solution that delivers huge value to our partners while helping millions of people a month shop better online.
If you're excellent at what you do and want to apply those skills to solving a genuinely hard problem together with a great bunch of people, you've come to the right place. To take the next step, send us your CV and a brief message explaining why you’re the perfect fit!