Fit Analytics — the world’s leading size advisor solution for online clothes shopping — is looking for a motivated full-time Back-end Developer (m/f/d). You will work with the largest and most extensive data set in the industry to help ensure accuracy in clothing and apparel fit prediction. If you're passionate about writing correct, elegant, flexible and performant code and ready to use your skills to shape the future of the online fashion industry, we want to hear from you!
What The Role Involves
- Improving existing architecture to ensure scalability of the system (>1 million requests per minute)
- Organizing and restructuring existing and new code in microservices using Docker and Kubernetes
- Cloud Native: Developing and deploying microservices on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Adjusting data structures to new products and product features by reviewing use cases and modifying data structures
- Writing sophisticated Node.js-code that is flexible enough to implement the broad variety of different data feeds of our 100+ clients
- Coaching / mentoring other team members
- Actively participating in a Kanban workflow and in team retrospectives that take place on a regular basis
- Teamwork and peer review
- Proactively exchanging ideas and sharing knowledge with other technical teams such as the Data Science team
- Having a direct impact on how tens of millions of people buy clothes online
What We're Looking for in You
- University degree in Computer Science or Mathematics
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong ECMAScript 2015 programming skills (Node.js; back-end only)
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Familiarity with Linux and Git
- Relational database design and SQL programming skills (MySQL, PostgreSQL) is an advantage
- Experience with cloud computing (Docker, Kubernetes) is an advantage
- CoffeeScript experience is an advantage (part of our current codebase is CoffeeScript)
- Practical experience in a commercial company is an advantage
- Fluent English and excellent communication skills
What We Offer You
- Hands-on experience building a product that is revolutionizing the apparel & footwear market
- The opportunity to become a key part of Fit Analytics’ growth story
- A competitive salary
- A spot in our smart, creative and highly motivated international team
- Daily breakfast and lunch plus regular team events
Who We Are
Based in Berlin and Chicago, we’re a team of data scientists, fashionistas, physicists, business analysts, designers, and hackers, working together to tackle a single problem: making it easy for online shoppers to find the right clothes size. We help some of the world’s largest clothing brands solve sizing issues, boost conversions and slash returns.
What We Do
The Fit Analytics' platform combines the world's largest database of garment and fit information with hundreds of billions of purchase records and consumer preferences. Our products Fit Finder, Fit Connect, Fit Intelligence and Fit Source help clothing and apparel companies instantly access the power of machine learning to deliver a perfect fit for customers.By applying the power of machine learning to this unique data set, we've created a range of innovative solutions to help drive improvements throughout the apparel lifecycle from manufacturing to marketing. Leading apparel brands and retailers across six continents trust our platform to solve sizing at scale and deliver meaningful bottom-line impact. Our clients include the likes of Zara, Asos, Hugo Boss, JD Sports, Bershka, The North Face, Tommy Hilfiger, Uniqlo, Calvin Klein and many more!
Why We’re Different
We're not sitting around wondering what the product is and burning other people's money while expecting everyone to work ridiculous hours for little reward. We're profitable, organized, and already providing a unique solution that delivers huge value to our partners while helping millions of people a month shop better online.
If you're excellent at what you do and want to apply those skills to solving a genuinely hard problem together with a great bunch of people, you've come to the right place. To take the next step, send us your CV and a brief message explaining why you’re the perfect fit!