Fit Analytics — the world’s leading size advisor solution for online clothes shopping — is seeking a data scientist to work with the largest and most extensive data set in the industry to develop accurate size recommendation algorithms. Machine learning isn't just an important aspect of Fit Analytics, it is at the very core of who we are and what we do. If you're passionate about research and ready to use your skills to shape the future of the apparel and fashion industry, we want to hear from you!
Who We Are
Based in Berlin and Chicago, we’re a team of data scientists, fashionistas, physicists, business analysts, designers, and hackers, working together to tackle a single problem: making it easy for online shoppers to find the right clothes size. We help some of the world’s largest clothing brands solve sizing issues, boost conversions and slash returns.
What We Do
Our core product, Fit Finder, helps clothing and apparel companies instantly access the power of machine learning to deliver a perfect fit for customers. In addition to Fit Finder, we have introduced three new product lines to the market in 2018/19: Fit Connect, Fit Intelligence and Fit Source. The Fit Analytics’ platform combines the world's largest database of garment and fit information with hundreds of billions of euros of purchasing records and consumer preferences. By applying the power of machine learning to this unique data set, we've created a range of innovative solutions to help drive improvements throughout the apparel lifecycle from manufacturing to marketing. Leading apparel brands and retailers across six continents trust our platform to solve sizing at scale and deliver meaningful bottom-line impact. Our clients include the likes of Zara, Asos, Hugo Boss, JD Sports, Bershka, The North Face, Tommy Hilfiger, Uniqlo, Calvin Klein and many more!
What The Role Involves
- Analyzing large datasets (hundreds of millions of rows) to understand the relationship between garment characteristics and the human body
- Designing and improving size recommendation algorithms
- Software development: you will be expected to work on both TensorFlow models and the Beam and SQL data processing pipelines that go with them
- Working within a Kanban team
- Having a direct impact on how tens of millions of people buy clothes online
What We're Looking for in You
- A Master’s degree or higher in mathematics or natural sciences
- At least three years of professional experience in either statistics or machine learning
- Experience in Bayesian inference and/or Bandit algorithms
- A disciplined approach to both data science and software development
- Fluency in Python
- Experience in R programming (e.g., tidyverse, ggplot2) is an advantage
- Good communication skills (English) and the desire to work in a team
- Resident of Berlin
What We Offer You
- A competitive salary
- Hands-on experience building a product that is revolutionizing e-commerce
- A spot in our smart, creative and highly motivated international team
- Daily breakfast and lunch plus regular team events
Why We’re Different
We're not sitting around wondering what the product is and burning other people's money while expecting everyone to work ridiculous hours for little reward. We're profitable, organised, and already providing a unique solution that delivers huge value to our partners while helping millions of people a month shop better online.
If you're excellent at what you do and want to apply those skills to solving a genuinely hard problem together with a great bunch of people, you've come to the right place. To take the next step, send us your CV and a brief message explaining why you’re the perfect fit!