First San Francisco Partners (FSFP) is a leading business advisory and information management consultancy dedicated to helping organizations leverage their data to improve strategic decision-making, reduce risk, create operational efficiencies and fuel unprecedented business success. Our consulting services include data management, data governance, Collibra (data governance and data quality software) implementation/adoption, data architecture, data quality, master and reference data management, metadata management and data privacy.
Kelle O’Neal founded the company in 2007 and is its Chief Executive Officer. FSFP’s leading position and strong reputation in our industry is because of our experienced senior leaders and dedicated consultants, business analysts and sales, administrative and marketing staff.
FSFP serves clients throughout the U.S., including large consumer brands, notable financial institutions and other organizations who want to make their information (data) actionable.
FSFP’s culture is centered on teamwork and a shared passion for what we do. We believe in treating clients (and one another) with respect and delivering measurable results for clients. Our FIRST values (Focus, Integrity, Resourcefulness, Skillfulness and Teamwork) guide our interactions.
Are you an experienced data governance professional looking to elevate your career to the next level? Do you want to work with leading edge consultants in a dynamic, rapidly growing company? Would you welcome the opportunity to apply your data management knowledge and leverage innovative technologies to creatively solve key data challenges for today’s leading businesses? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and rapidly evolving work environment?
First San Francisco Partners is seeking both employees and contractors for the Lead Data Governance Consultant role, this role will be responsible for assessing data management environments and governance capabilities to make data actionable for the business and to turn information into value.
What You'll be Doing:
- Lead and conduct data management maturity assessments and identify pain points for capabilities including data quality, governance, architecture, analytics, metadata management, master data management, etc.
- Demonstrate a rigorous and analytical problem-solving approach, leading information-gathering sessions and preparing and delivering client presentations and work products/prototypes.
- Provide thought leadership, frameworks and best practices required to deliver effective data governance solutions to clients.
- Identify data governance gaps and assess data governance maturity in a complex data environment. Should also be able to Identify the implications for data governance that arise from the technology, current processes and skill levels in a complex data environment.
- Develop a strategy for data governance, including a high-level roadmap. Must also be able to create impactful deliverable collateral.
What You Should Have:
- Strong knowledge of data governance and data management concepts, approaches and tools, especially the role of data governance in the successful implementation of data strategy.
- Solid analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task, organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written/oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to explain value of data governance to both business and technical stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze complex environments, distill concepts and present to clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree with strong data understanding through experience.
- Ability to travel up to 50% if needed. (This is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Candidate must be able to work remotely.
Note: FSFP is an equal opportunity employer with competitive salary and benefits packages.