First San Francisco Partners (FSFP) is a leading business advisory and information management consultancy dedicated to helping companies leverage their data to improve strategic decision-making, reduce risk, create operational efficiencies and fuel unprecedented business success. Our services span data governance, data quality, data architecture, master data management, analytics and big data.
Our First San Francisco Partners (FSFP) consultant team includes information management professionals with technology, architecture, business process and organizational alignment expertise. Our experience and leadership team make us one of the most respected firms in the industry. First San Francisco Partners’ culture is one of of teamwork and resourcefulness. We look for people who are creative problem-solvers, collaborative, have outgoing personalities and love the work they do.
If you are ready to be challenged, work with the best and brightest, and be part of a team who’s building exceptional information management and big data strategies, we’d love to talk with you.
Are you an experienced data governance professional looking to elevate your career to the next level? Do you want to work with leading edge consultants in a dynamic, rapidly growing company? Would you welcome the opportunity to apply your data management knowledge and leverage innovative technologies to creatively solve key data challenges for today’s leading businesses? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and rapidly evolving work environment?
First San Francisco Partners is looking for a seasoned Lead Data Governance Consultant who will be responsible for assessing data management environments and governance capabilities to make data actionable for the business and to turn information into value.
What You'll be Doing:
- Lead and conduct data management maturity assessments and identify pain points for capabilities including data quality, governance, architecture, analytics, metadata management, master data management, etc.
- Demonstrate a rigorous and analytical problem-solving approach, leading information-gathering sessions and preparing and delivering client presentations and work products/prototypes.
- Provide thought leadership, frameworks and best practices required to deliver effective data governance solutions to clients.
- Identify data governance gaps and assess data governance maturity in a complex data environment. Should also be able to Identify the implications for data governance that arise from the technology, current processes and skill levels in a complex data environment.
- Develop a strategy for data governance, including a high-level roadmap. Must also be able to create impactful deliverable collateral.
What You Should Have:
- Strong knowledge of data governance and data management concepts, approaches and tools, especially the role of data governance in the successful implementation of data strategy.
- Solid analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task, organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written/oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to explain value of data governance to both business and technical stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze complex environments, distill concepts and present to clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree with strong data understanding through experience.
- Ability to travel up to 50% if needed. (This is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Candidate must be able to work remotely.
Note: FSFP services leading organizations across North America. Travel is required to client sites. FSFP is an equal opportunity employer with competitive salary and benefits packages.