First San Francisco Partners (FSFP) is a leading business advisory and information management consultancy dedicated to helping companies leverage their data to improve strategic decision-making, reduce risk, create operational efficiencies and fuel unprecedented business success. Our services span data governance, data quality, data architecture, master data management, analytics and big data.
Our First San Francisco Partners (FSFP) consultant team includes information management professionals with technology, architecture, business process and organizational alignment expertise. Our experience and leadership team make us one of the most respected firms in the industry. First San Francisco Partners’ culture is one of of teamwork and resourcefulness. We look for people who are creative problem-solvers, collaborative, have outgoing personalities and love the work they do.
If you are ready to be challenged, work with the best and brightest, and be part of a team who’s building exceptional information management and big data strategies, we’d love to talk with you.
First San Francisco Partners is looking for an experienced Project Manager who is a positive, highly effective communicator that can lead without authority and has a passion for engaging with business, IT and C-suite stakeholders on Data Management projects to join our Delivery team remotely. We're looking for someone who has experience managing small projects and is looking to gain experience in a portfolio project management approach. Priorities change quickly within a consulting business and we need someone who can recognize these changes and proactively shift work assignments to support the company. This position reports to the Director of Delivery and Operations and will collaborate and support our consultants and clients.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Develop and manage scope, schedule, budget, resourcing and reporting for engagements.
- Provide project updates through weekly status reports and other reporting to clients and internal stakeholders.
- Aid teams in the development of deliverables by performing reviews with a QA lens.
- Proactively track Risks, Actions, Issues, Decisions and suggest solutions / mitigation strategies.
- Support teams through the coordination and scheduling of meetings.
- Lead project closeout activities including lessons learned and project debriefs.
- Participate in business development, proposal creation and the contracting process.
What You Should Have:
- Flexibility to demonstrate different project management styles based on the team or client.
- Outgoing personality to effectively connect and communicate with consultants and clients.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in two or more of the following methodologies: Waterfall, Agile, Scrum or Kanban
- Excellent attention to detail, a passion for quality work and the ability to communicate at various levels.
- BS/BA degree required with 3-5 years of project management and relevant professional experience with at least 3 years of experience at a consulting firm.
- Experience managing Data Management and/or IT projects is a plus.
- PMP, CSM or other project management certifications are a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 50% if needed. (This is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
Note: FSFP services leading organizations across North America. Travel is required to client sites. FSFP is an equal opportunity employer with competitive salary and benefits packages.