First San Francisco Partners (FSFP) is a leading business advisory and information management consultancy dedicated to helping companies leverage their data to improve strategic decision-making, reduce risk, create operational efficiencies and fuel unprecedented business success. Our services span data governance, data quality, data architecture, master data management, analytics and big data.
Our First San Francisco Partners (FSFP) consultant team includes information management professionals with technology, architecture, business process and organizational alignment expertise. Our experience and leadership team make us one of the most respected firms in the industry. First San Francisco Partners’ culture is one of of teamwork and resourcefulness. We look for people who are creative problem-solvers, collaborative, have outgoing personalities and love the work they do.
If you are ready to be challenged, work with the best and brightest, and be part of a team who’s building exceptional information management and big data strategies, we’d love to talk with you.
Are you an experienced data architecture professional looking to elevate your career to the next level? Do you want to work with leading edge consultants in a dynamic, rapidly growing company? Would you welcome the opportunity to apply your data management knowledge and leverage innovative technologies to creatively solve key data challenges for today’s leading businesses? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and rapidly evolving work environment?
First San Francisco Partners is looking for an experienced Data Architect who will have a hands-on role with responsibility to develop data architecture and modeling strategies, design, implement and support data architecture deliverables for multiple data integration, data management, data warehousing, business intelligence and analytics projects.
What You'll be Doing:
- Develop and maintain architectures for the high-level data environments of the enterprise, at the reference, conceptual, and logical levels, ensuring that these align to overall business strategy
- Provide gap analysis from a technical perspective, highlighting current state, future state, client needs, best practices, and solution offerings, and develops roadmap to achieve future state
- Ensure that database and data storage technologies support the data management needs of the enterprise
- Develop, communicate, support, and monitor compliance with Data Modeling standards
- Evaluates proposals for development projects to ensure they adhere to all data architecture standards
- Develop and maintain standard patterns for data layers, data stores, and utility data management processes (e.g. data movement, data integration) for application across the enterprise
- Assist development projects, either directly or indirectly by liaising with a solution architect, to ensure that good data architecture is implemented in these projects
- Evaluate currently implemented systems to determine their viability in terms of data architecture
- Participate in the oversight of setting data standards, for reference data, data formats, and similar needs.
- Identifies standard metadata for describing data assets
- Develop standards for the semantic needs of data, including different kinds of models (e.g. subject areas models, data classification schemes, standards for ontologies)
- Ensure all documentation for data architecture is of high quality and properly curated
What You Should Have:
- Excellent communication skills, presentation and interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to communicate clearly with both business and technical resources.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes, enhancements and new technologies
- Must be able to develop relationships across the organization
- Must be able to work with cross-functional team to build new data platforms, support their data needs, and provide thought leadership
- Ability to present complex information in a simplified fashion to facilitate understanding
- Provide strategic direction and technical expertise to meet data architecture needs
- Proficient with MongoDB, Hadoop and other database modeling and management tools
- The ability to infer and understand data relationships, write and execute SQL queries
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS or related field
- 5-10 years of experience with data projects such as Master Data Management, Metadata Management, Data Lakes and other Analytical platforms
Note: FSFP services leading organizations across North America. Travel is required to client sites. FSFP is an equal opportunity employer with competitive salary and benefits packages.