Topic is seeking a Senior Analyst with excellent insight and data skills to grow Topic’s streaming service and our audience across screens.
The Senior Analyst is responsible for maintaining, understanding, and leveraging the service’s primary (qualitative / quantitative) and secondary data in support of decision making and audience understanding.
The role requires an ability to offer deep insights and actionable recommendations that surface new data-driven opportunities for growth and evaluate the effectiveness of key efforts already underway.
An ideal candidate would balance a strong attention to detail and data integrity, while also maintaining a focus on the high-level, strategic relevance of the recommendations being made.
This role will be an integral member of the marketing team and will support the company through analyzing audience acquisition, retention, and engagement data for Topic’s streaming service.
- Help define the service’s subscription analytics strategy, with a focus on understanding and optimizing the acquisition and churn funnel to drive rapid growth.
- Create and maintain key weekly, monthly and special reports, dashboards and analysis using data from partners critical to the business, including Google Analytics, Segment, Brightcove (Wicket), and distribution partner dashboards (Amazon, Apple, etc).
- Analyze and manipulate data to create presentations full of insights and well-crafted recommendations to help inform strategic decision-making for the marketing, programming, and product teams.
- Be the subject matter expert on the Topic‘s audiences, intimately understanding their behavior patterns and the levers for engagement and retention.
- In collaboration with the programming team, analyze and report out on title viewing performance including engagement and cost per hour across SVOD/AVOD/FAST.
- In collaboration with the marketing team, design and run A/B tests to inform marketing & creative strategy, on both the site and on third-party platforms such as Facebook and Google.
- In collaboration with the marketing team, evaluate and report out on performance of campaigns & creative.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis as required and proactively identified.
Background & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred 3-5 years of experience in digital analytics with a focus on subscriber acquisition and retention, preferably with entertainment or subscription based services.
- Experience with performing data-driven analyses of all steps of the conversion funnel, including acquisition and retargeting efforts as well as minimizing churn
- Detail-oriented and meticulously organized, comfortable aggregating and manipulating large data sets efficiently and accurately
- Eager to try new things and have a love for creative problem-solving. Proactive in pushing stakeholders to leverage data to make better-informed decisions
- Strong communication skills; can explain statistical or technical concepts in a clear, easy to understand way
- Advanced Excel and data visualization skills
- Knowledge of SQL, with R or Python a plus
- A/B testing and optimization planning a plus
Compensation (NYC Only): The salary range for this role is $90,000 - $100,000 annually. The salary offered will be determined based on relative experience, skillset and other job related factors.
Topic is the boundary-pushing streaming service from First Look Entertainment for thrillers, mysteries, dramas and documentaries from around the world, serving viewers who crave entertainment beyond the mainstream. Whether it’s a Nordic-noir crime thriller (The Killing), an Italian supernatural political drama (The Miracle), or a haunting true crime docu-series from the UK (The Missing Children), Topic expands your view of the world.
Featuring North American premieres, exclusive TV series and film, and programming from more than 40 countries, Topic showcases an unparalleled collection of creators, perspectives and experiences. Complemented by our Topic Originals, we prioritize bold storytelling and champion underrepresented voices. Topic Originals and exclusives include Oscar® nominee The Letter Room (starring Oscar Isaac), Lambs of God (starring Ann Dowd), BAFTA® nominee The Virtues (starring Stephen Graham), Emmy® nominee The Accidental Wolf (starring Kelli O’Hara), Dark Woods, Gotham Award winning Philly D.A., and Soul City (directed by Coodie & Chike).Topic is available to US and Canadian audiences on topic.com, AppleTV & iOS, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android & Android TV, Samsung, Apple TV Channels, Roku Premium Channels, Bell Fibe, Amazon Prime Video Channels, and Comcast (Xfinity X1, Xfinity Flex and XClass TV). Topic is part of First Look Entertainment which also includes Topic Studios, the award-winning entertainment studio which develops, finances, and produces content for all platforms.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.