First Look Media is looking for an experienced and forward-thinking Senior Backend/DevOps engineer to join our top-notch engineering team. Candidates should be self-motivated professionals who have experience building long lasting data models and APIs (both as a provider and client of APIs) as well as with ETL pipelines and DevOps. A broad set of experiences is ideal, we have a wide variety of use cases from managing several websites to handling distribution of data and files between a growing set of partners to ETL pipelines into a data warehouse.
As Senior Engineer you’ll have a great deal of autonomy so you should be organized, outspoken and love creating great products. You should also have an open-source mentality, thinking both about how to build projects as sets of reusable components that can be shared with the world as well as accepting and working with internal developers on our private projects to refine and accept pull requests.
- Work w/ SVP Technology and other engineers to architect and implement backend systems and services
- Work with our engineers and security team to manage and improve our infrastructure and tooling
- Build an ecosystem of robust two-way integrations with a variety of third party services
- Work with analytics team to manage our ETL and data warehousing
- Work with the wider engineering team and stakeholders to constantly refine our processes
- Other appropriately related projects/duties as assigned
Our Tech Stack:
We use the best tools for the job and are always open to new technologies, but our basic stack includes:
Background & Qualifications:
- At least 3 years as a backend engineer
- Someone who’s worked with Cloud services (ideally AWS)
- Experience with ETL pipelines
- Experience building an evolving data model and API
- Someone who works easily and collaboratively with the team
- A record of shipping products and features
- Comfort in a dynamic environment
About First Look Media
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism and documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture and a thriving democracy.
First Look Media is currently in the market with its flagship properties, The Intercept, Field of Vision, and the recently launched Topic SVOD service, and plans to continue expanding its mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats and platforms as well as through foundational technology helping creators and audiences develop, distribute, discover and connect with meaningful stories.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.