This is an initial 3-month temporary position with the possibility of becoming permanent.
The Content Operations Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Topic Operations team with preparing, maintaining, and leveraging the organization’s qualitative data, spearheading quality control efforts across all platforms, and helping acquire competitive and marketplace intelligence.
The role requires an ability to develop recommendations that help inform the business and identify opportunities for growth. An ideal candidate would balance a strong attention to detail and data integrity—and exceptional communication skills—while maintaining a focus on the strategic relevance of the recommendations being made.
This position will report to the Director, Content Operations.
- Assist in verifying full and accurate metadata, image and video assets for existing and upcoming streaming service titles across all platforms
- Lead QC operations on new releases and existing catalog
- Create and track tickets for issues, working with both internal and external stakeholders on timely resolutions
- Help identify areas for QC workflow improvements
- Support the further development of metadata across platforms including, but not limited to:
- Information on awards and nominations
- Critical reviews
- Creating/Updating IMDB pages
- Metadata related to new feature requests
- Respond to various ad hoc requests from the Video team
Background & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s / Associate degree, or similar work experience
- Exceptional communication skills
- Detail-oriented and meticulously organized; comfortable aggregating and manipulating large data sets efficiently and accurately
- Eager to try new things and a love for creative problem-solving
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced start-up setting
- Knowledge of and interest in the streaming industry
- Knowledge of Monday.com or similar database programs (AirTable/Smartsheets/etc) a plus
Topic is the ambitious new storytelling brand, streaming service, and entertainment studio from First Look Media, dedicated to supporting creators at the forefront of culture. From Academy Award®-winning films (Spotlight) to television, audio and digital, we explore a wide range of subject matter, both fiction and nonfiction with an emphasis on stories of consequence that explore the issues of our time. Our approach – challenging, compelling and unconventional – reflects our commitment to discovering and amplifying independent new voices, and supporting established ones.
About First Look Media
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism and documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture and a thriving democracy.
First Look Media is currently in the market with its flagship properties, The Intercept, Field of Vision, and the recently launched Topic SVOD service, and plans to continue expanding its mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats and platforms as well as through foundational technology helping creators and audiences develop, distribute, discover and connect with meaningful stories.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.