The Senior Analyst is responsible for helping to maintain, understand, and leverage the organization’s quantitative and qualitative data in support of its digital properties.
The role requires an ability to offer deep insights and actionable recommendations that surface new data-driven opportunities for growth and evaluate the effectiveness of key efforts already underway.
An ideal candidate would balance a strong attention to detail and data integrity, while also maintaining a focus on the high-level, strategic relevance of the recommendations being made.
This role will be an integral member of the marketing team and will support the company through analyzing audience acquisition, retention, and engagement data for The Intercept’s membership program and Topic’s streaming service.
- Help define the company’s membership and subscription analytics strategy, with a special emphasis on understanding and optimizing the acquisition and churn funnel to drive rapid growth.
- Create and maintain key weekly, monthly and special reports, dashboards and analysis using data from partners critical to the business, including Google Analytics, ActionKit, Kochava, and Jump.
- Analyze and manipulate data to create presentations full of insights and well-crafted recommendations to help inform strategic decision-making for the marketing, revenue, editorial and product teams.
- Be the subject matter expert on the Topic and The Intercept’s audiences, intimately understanding their behavior patterns and the levers for engagement and retention.
- Design and run A/B tests to inform marketing strategy, on both the site and on third-party platforms such as Facebook and Google.
Background & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred 3-5 years of experience with digital analytics with a focus on subscriber acquisition and retention, preferably with entertainment, news or nonprofit organizations.
- Experience with performing data-driven analyses of all steps of the conversion funnel, including acquisition and retargeting efforts as well as minimizing churn
- Detail-oriented and meticulously organized, comfortable aggregating and manipulating large data sets efficiently and accurately
- Eager to try new things and have a love for creative problem-solving. Proactive in pushing stakeholders to leverage data to make better-informed decisions
- Strong communication skills; can explain statistical or technical concepts in a clear, easy to understand way
- Advanced Excel and data visualization skills
- Knowledge of SQL, with R or Python a plus
- A/B testing and optimization planning a plus
About First Look Media
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism and documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture and a thriving democracy.
First Look Media is currently in the market with its flagship properties, The Intercept, Field of Vision, and the recently launched Topic SVOD service, and plans to continue expanding its mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats and platforms as well as through foundational technology helping creators and audiences develop, distribute, discover and connect with meaningful stories.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. Informing a large, diverse audience is a core principle of our work, so we’re committed to building a team that reflects that diversity.