The Executive Assistant, Sales and Marketing is a dual-responsibility role supporting the SVP, Sales and Distribution and the SVP, Marketing and Creative. The Executive Assistant will also support operational functions for both departments.
Candidates should note that this is a very unique role with the ability to learn the media landscape.
Executive Assistant’s responsibilities for SVP, Sales and Distribution and SVP, Marketing and Creative (Executive Assistant):
- Provide professional, confidential and administrative support to SVP’s and other team members of the Marketing, Sales and Distribution group when needed.
- Schedule all meetings and calls (when calls feature other departments of the company, work with various assistants to coordinate schedules to accommodate).
- Manage standing meetings the include the SVP, Sales and Distribution or SVP, Marketing
- Manage preparation for internal and external appointments including conference calls and circulating schedules/ agendas.
- Submit monthly expense reports and track receipts.
- Book travel, accommodations, meals and coordinate lunch orders.
- Coordinate team meetings and events (off-sites, etc).
- Assist with managing workflow.
- Assist with special projects where necessary (secondary research, mailings).
- File, research, and manage other general administrative duties.
- Maintain certain project grids.
- Manage meeting follow-up. This include taking notes in certain meetings and making sure all attendees are aware of and complete necessary next steps
Executive Assistant’s Operations responsibilities:
- Manage meeting follow-up. This includes taking notes in all department meetings and making sure attendees are aware of and complete necessary next steps.
- Aid in planning and tracking department wide travel and event attendance including booking travel for Topic team members in those cases.
- Member of marketing and creative team – opportunities to contribute creative input
Background + Qualifications:
- College graduate with 2 years administrative experience, preferably in the entertainment industry
- Self-starter with excellent organization skills; able to anticipate needs and be proactive
- Should have strong communication and interpersonal skills; comfortable and efficient in team environment
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced start-up setting
- Hardworking, creative, and professional, with unflinching attention to detail
Topic is the ambitious new storytelling brand and entertainment studio from First Look Media, dedicated to supporting creators at the forefront of culture.
From Academy Award®-winning films to television, audio and digital, we explore a wide range of subject matter, both fiction and nonfiction with an emphasis on stories of consequence that explore the issues of our time. Our approach – challenging, compelling and unconventional – reflects our commitment to discovering and amplifying independent new voices, and supporting established ones.
About First Look Media
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism and documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture and a thriving democracy.
First Look Media is currently in the market with its flagship properties, The Intercept, Field of Vision, and the soon to launch Topic SVOD service, and plans to continue expanding its mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats and platforms as well as through foundational technology helping creators and audiences develop, distribute, discover and connect with meaningful stories.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.