The Director, Audience Acquisition, Paid Media and Performance Marketing will own the development of all media buying campaigns and advertising strategy for the Topic streaming service. Responsibilities will include development, execution, and optimization of integrated acquisition, retention and win-back campaigns to drive growth. In addition, this role could support performance marketing efforts for The Intercept, Field of Vision, and other First Look Media initiatives.
Collaborate with the teams across the organization to identify and implement strategies to increase subscribers and LTV.
This role will be an integral member of the Marketing team and will report to the VP, Marketing.
- Audience Targeting and Outreach: Understand the position of our brand and develop an in-depth understanding of the Topic user to inform strategy that drives LTV and other established KPIs
- Paid Media Planning: Develop highly-efficient performance driven media plans that effectively promote our brands, content and streaming service and content across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Google (YouTube, AdWords, Paid Search), Roku, Search, and more.
- Execution: Guide and collaborate with the marketing and creative teams to prepare all aspects of the paid media campaigns from brief writing to copy correction. We won’t be working with any external agencies.
- SEO: Work with SEO consultant to develop strategy and manage execution.
- Analytics/Optimization: Work with Analytics and Research team to identify and develop audience segments and testing, present quantitative and qualitative insights to inform campaign creative and positioning of the Topic streaming service in the market.
- Forecasts: Work with the Analytics and Research team to develop short-term and long-term strategies and forecasts.
- Sales: Collaborate with the Sales team to help fulfill commitments and increase partnerships.
Background & Qualifications:
- 7+ or more years of paid media and acquisition experience preferably in entertainment (TV/film/digital), media or publishing.
- Experience working with editorial, product, creative, and technical teams.
- Some experience working with customer-centered business goals (e.g. subscription, e-commerce or membership).
- Experience overseeing campaigns on social/advertising platforms including: Facebook Ads Manager, Instagram, Twitter, Adwords, etc.
- Ability to develop and execute paid media campaigns without an agency
- Proficiency in internal web tracking solutions (Google Analytics), native social media measurement tools (Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, YouTube Analytics, etc) and social media measurement experience (Sysomos, ListenFirst, CrowdTangle, etc.)
- Strategic thinker with excellent analytical, written, and verbal skills with an eye for creating engaging presentations and simple reports
About First Look Media
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism and documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture and a thriving democracy.
First Look Media is currently in the market with its flagship properties, The Intercept, Field of Vision, and the soon to launch Topic SVOD service, and plans to continue expanding its mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats and platforms as well as through foundational technology helping creators and audiences develop, distribute, discover and connect with meaningful stories.
Topic is the ambitious new storytelling brand and entertainment studio from First Look Media, dedicated to supporting creators at the forefront of culture. From Academy Award®-winning films (Spotlight) to television, audio and digital, we explore a wide range of subject matter, both fiction and nonfiction with an emphasis on stories of consequence that explore the issues of our time. Our approach – challenging, compelling and unconventional – reflects our commitment to discovering and amplifying independent new voices, and supporting established ones.
About The Intercept
The Intercept, launched in 2014 to provide an outlet for fearless, adversarial journalism, produces award-winning investigative reporting, analysis, and multimedia content focused on national security, politics, civil liberties, the environment, technology, criminal justice, media, and more. Regular contributors include co-founding editors Glenn Greenwald and Jeremy Scahill.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities