The Video Engagement Coordinator, will work with Topic’s Director, Video Engagement to sustain and help grow a large, loyal fan base wherever Topic video lives (OTT, social, etc).
The Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring all video assets are properly optimized. They will also assist with the creative development of promotional initiatives, and help with the creation of compelling engagement campaigns.
The Coordinator will be an integral member of the Topic team and will report to the Director, Video Engagement, Topic.
- The Coordinator will package and help maintain videos for Topic across digital platforms.
- On behalf of the brand, be an active participant in the conversations happening online around the brand, and in general.
- Work with Director, Video Engagement on concepting and implementing organic engagement campaigns, developing clear goals.
- Help identify videos for acquisition and creators to collaborate with.
- Working with the internal and external video editors, ensure all videos are properly optimized/formatted/edited per platform.
- Making sure metadata, thumbnails, descriptions, caption files, and other ancillary materials are correctly entered everywhere.
- Working with platform reps to stay current on the latest tools and technology available to us.
- Keep up to date on trends, strategies and the overall landscape of other video creation and distribution brands, whether boutique (i.e. BlackPills) or broad (YouTube, Hulu).
- Creating and maintaining tracking documents for all videos that Topic makes and distributes.
Background & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of relevant experience managing digital video especially (OTT, YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter).
- General knowledge of digital media landscape, including distribution companies, TV/OTT, and general video trends.
- Proven experience interacting with audiences in ways that lead to growth
- Strong working knowledge and use of analytics tools for social and digital platforms
- Strong attention to detail, especially with regards to grammar and formatting
- Self-starter and highly organized
Topic is the ambitious new storytelling brand and entertainment studio from First Look Media, dedicated to supporting creators at the forefront of culture.
From Academy Award®-winning films to television, audio and digital, we explore a wide range of subject matter, both fiction and nonfiction with an emphasis on stories of consequence that explore the issues of our time. Our approach – challenging, compelling and unconventional – reflects our commitment to discovering and amplifying independent new voices, and supporting established ones.
About First Look Media
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism and documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture and a thriving democracy.
First Look Media is currently in the market with its flagship properties, The Intercept, Topic, and Field of Vision, and plans to continue expanding its mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats and platforms as well as through foundational technology helping creators and audiences develop, distribute, discover and connect with meaningful stories.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.