The Executive Assistant, Topic is a dual-responsibility role. As an Executive Assistant, the role will both support the GM, Topic and VP, Video along with aiding in coordinating the Topic team’s activities and development. The Executive Assistant will also work as an Assistant, Operations for Topic.
Candidates should note that this is a very unique role with the ability to learn about the development process.
Executive Assistant’s responsibilities for GM, Topic / VP, Video (Executive Assistant)
- Provide professional, confidential and administrative support.
- Schedule all meetings and calls (when calls feature other members of Topic team, work with various schedules to accommodate).
- Manage standing meetings for Topic.
- Manage preparation for internal and external appointments including conference calls and circulating schedules/ agendas.
- Submit monthly expense reports and track receipts.
- Book travel, accommodations, meals and coordinate lunch orders.
- Coordinate team meetings and events (off-sites, etc).
- Assist with managing workflow.
- Assist with special projects where necessary (secondary research, mailings).
- File, research, and manage other general administrative duties.
Executive Assistant’s responsibilities for Topic Team (Assistant, Operations)
- Maintain current projects grid. Make sure each department has a clear process for logging, assigning, and responding to submissions.
- Manage meeting follow-up. This includes taking notes in all department meetings and making sure attendees are aware of and complete necessary next steps.
- Aid in planning and tracking department wide travel and event attendance including booking travel for Topic team members in those cases.
- Member of creative team – opportunities for creative input.
Background + Qualifications:
- College graduate with 2 years administrative experience, preferably in the entertainment industry
- Self-starter with excellent organization skills; able to anticipate needs and be proactive
- Should have strong communication and interpersonal skills; comfortable and efficient in team environment
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced start-up setting
- Hardworking, creative, and professional, with unflinching attention to detail
Topic is the ambitious new storytelling brand and entertainment studio from First Look Media, dedicated to supporting creators at the forefront of culture.
From Academy Award®-winning films to television, audio and digital, we explore a wide range of subject matter, both fiction and nonfiction with an emphasis on stories of consequence that explore the issues of our time. Our approach – challenging, compelling and unconventional – reflects our commitment to discovering and amplifying independent new voices, and supporting established ones.
About First Look Media
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism and documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture and a thriving democracy.
First Look Media is currently in the market with its flagship properties, The Intercept, Topic, and Field of Vision, and plans to continue expanding its mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats and platforms as well as through foundational technology helping creators and audiences develop, distribute, discover and connect with meaningful stories.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.