- Collaborate with the First Look Media marketing and creative teams (SVP of Marketing, VP of Design & Creative) to evolve and maintain a visual identity for the brand.
- Work with the marketing and creative teams to develop an aesthetic and brand that reflects Topic’s core values.
- Be highly collaborative and adaptable with teams and individuals across all of First Look Media brands to tackle new initiatives, and meet unexpected challenges.
- Participate and facilitate in creative brainstorming sessions.
- Present creative work passionately and persuasively to stakeholders across the organization and externally.
- Collaborate with Head of Creative, designers, video editors, motion designers, animators, illustrators, photographers, producers, filmmakers, talent and other creative partners on projects of various scales that will support larger brand vision, voice and goals.
- Build strong, supportive, and constructive relationships throughout the creative team and cross-functionally across the organization.
- Brainstorm on campaign development, creative brief development and creative execution.
- Keep the consumer and business needs at the forefront and balanced with all creative and branding decisions.
- Develop key art and motion graphics packages for film and digital series.
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns.
- Design and resize ads, and other promotional / marketing content (digital, print and OOH).
- Designing presentations in Key Note and PowerPoint.
- Own individual projects from conception to completion.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to tag team shared projects.
- Guide and offer art direction to other project team members.
- Work to constantly push, evolve and elevate the work.
- Being diligent about keeping project managers in the loop regarding the status of all projects.
- Participating in brainstorm sessions related to projects and overall department, and company goals.
- Hosting workshops and tutorials to share any tips and techniques that may help the collective team grow or improve process.
- Staying on top of industry trends, advancements and new storytelling techniques that could elevate the work.
- Helping to problem solve creative and technical problems.
- Work within our file structure system and keeping files extremely organized.
Background & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 8 years of digital art design experience, preferably in film, television, entertainment, or media.
- Bachelor's degree in design, advertising, fine art or related field.
- Experience developing key art, motion graphics packages, and working on marketing campaigns highly preferred.
- A love for design and typography.
- Proven track record of successfully collaborating with content, marketing, creative and technical teams.
- Strong sense of visual storytelling and visual aesthetic.
- Exceptional conceptual and design skills and a robust portfolio that shows your talent in both print and web.
- Hands-on knowledge of industry standard image tools, including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AfterEffects, Premiere).
- The ability to take feedback as a process and a means to build something even better.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and can prioritize the needs of multiple assignments.
- Ability to roll-up your sleeves and get things done in startup environment.
- Ability to present ideas clearly and thoughtfully.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to communicate and work well with multiple teams.
- Self-starter who is a detail-oriented, and enthusiastic team player.
- Passion for working in a collaborative team in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional design aesthetic, solid typography skills and awareness of design trends.
- Public recognition from the design community and recipient of design award a plus.
Topic is the entertainment studio and ambitious storytelling brand dedicated to supporting creators at the forefront of culture. From Academy Award®-winning films (Spotlight) to television (Losers), digital (aka Wyatt Cenac) and podcasts (Anthem, Missing Richard Simmons), we explore a wide range of subject matter, both fiction and nonfiction. Our approach – challenging, compelling and unconventional –reflects our commitment to discovering and amplifying independent new voices and supporting established ones.
About First Look Media
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism and documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture and a thriving democracy.
First Look Media is currently in the market with its flagship properties, The Intercept, Topic, and Field of Vision, and plans to continue expanding its mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats and platforms as well as through foundational technology helping creators and audiences develop, distribute, discover and connect with meaningful stories.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer --people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.